Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An unpleasant resolution.
I broke up with X in December. Over this year he begs for me back, then I realize he's been leading me on while moving on with someone else. Over the relationship I had with him he was manipulative, deceptive, enough to make the irreconcilable forgettable. He used me, but his sob story always drew me back. I loved him, practically worshiped him, which leaves me naïve and alone and prone to more bitterness than I deserve. I would prefer to be a warm person, but this string of betrayals has left me cold.

Stay clear of him!
People like this tend to be ... "Infectious" ... not in a good way.

Years ago I dated a guy that filled my head with lies... and I bought every single one of them.

Save yourself the turmoil and frustration!
A person can fool you so many times until you realize ... it is YOU buying into or partaking in a web of nonsense.

You deserve better...
There is so much more you could be doing with your time!

Cut the ties...
Bitter won't land you a boyfriend!

Let you past make you better not bitter. If you don't get over your ex completely, I'd say you're still worshiping him, and you let him manipulate you even in his absence. How dare you give him this privilege??! The one who betrays you once can betray you 100 more times.

You need good company to stabilize your mood and let time pass. Or perhaps you could find someone you can talk to, like a therapist or a best friend you know won't use you and your feelings.

The one who loves you at your coldest and worst flaws will warm you up, but you have to be careful and willing to warm yourself up. You don't deserve bitterness, nobody does. If you ever feel alone, just don't hesitate to speak your mind here on GS, or PM one of us.

In the meantime......... BighugBighugBighug

Don't beat yourself up over your perceived naïveté. Being in love and wanting to be happy there is a lot of stuff we accept before reality kicks in. Just take responsibility for your part in this mess and learn from your mistakes, so you don't repeat them with the next guy. You probably know now what red flags to look for in a guy.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Time to move on. Move you ass, clear your mind and get new life started! Do not let misery stay in your heart!!!Imu2

Leave the past in the past. What the past is best at is teaching you about the present.

Every relationship ideally makes us a little smarter in the next one. You're learning about yourself and healing from past wounds. Give yourself credit and be thankful that you *did* finally get out of this relationship and see him for who he truly is. Take good care of yourself. A little more self love will help to sweeten that bitterness and warm your spirit. Wishing you well.

wayward Wrote:I would prefer to be a warm person, but this string of betrayals has left me cold.

There comes a time when you need to say 'enough' and take care of yourself.

Also, some people are not entitled to your warmth.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

You have my heart, man.

Just don't become so cold you shut out everyone. Remember that people like "X" aren't the majority.

you have nothing to be feeling cold about as you did nothing wrong, he was the liar and manipulator so be proud that you were strong enough to break it off and leave, just try not to judge the next guy you meet by your exes standards