Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faux-Lesbian t.A.T.u. Singer Is Actually Anti-Gay
"I think for men, it's a bad freedom...A man has no right to be a fag." - t.A.T.u. member Yulia Volkova

And she had a lot more to say about gay men:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...y_anti_gay

What a bitch who made millions off lgbt people who bought her music that was played in gay clubs around the world.

The updated version of Donna Summer......

There are a lot of them around. That kind of hatred is a disease.

DONNA SUMMER! Thanks Eastie!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about to ask who it was back in ancient disco era before electricity who did that! I heard a bit about her from old friends. Also was at a bar in Chicgo 3 yrs ago where a drag queen came out doing one of summer's songs. People booed and threw crap at her and the owner threw her off the stage --- all being funny so she could get back up and do a hilarious anti-gay religious routine.

Sorry this person is well outside of my monkeysphere.... So I'm not getting any emotions about this.

Yeah I get the ethical problem of playing nice to people in order to get something from them, then turning around to be dismissive and hurtful of those people....

Oh wait I can totally relate I just had this experience. Rolleyes

Well hopefully word gets out and LGBT stop buying her product, and refusing to let her play in LGBT formats - hit her were it hurts the most - the wallet.

NOOOOOO! Why, Yulia, why? Twak

I recall when I first heard of them (when they were new in the US) and figured that being Russian (who, generally speaking, are extremely conservative socially, especially in regards to gender roles and sexuality) this was some cynical "lesbian show for men" but fell in love with their then new vid of 2 girls in love...the symbolism and lyrics were beautiful to me. My favorite was the end where the 2 girls, put in a prison of sorts as many Russians look at them in disgust, suddenly walk off hand in hand to the sun and as the cam backs up it shows it's the haters and homophobes in the prison while the 2 girls are free.

I had fun throwing their names at Russians who talked about Western decadence (especially when they put down our music awards but one of the most extreme shows I saw was done by Tatu on said music award show featuring a line of dancers who looked like high school girls in their underwear at a sleepover on stage stripping for the audience while the 2 singers kissed and felt each other up).

I thought they'd learned some empathy at least, but apparently not, at least not in Yulia's case. What a disappointment. :frown:

I'm debating sharing this with an ex-girlfriend (Russian American) of mine who liked that video I mentioned along with me.

One thing that really ticks her off is she pretty much has to hide the fact that she's an atheist and a lesbian to her family as they'd cast her out...but felons and international criminals (ranging from smuggling to fraud that destroy retirement funds to outright sex trafficking!) in the family are accepted! Sure, the Russian criminals are disapproved of, but they still have hospitality with pointed advice of turning their lives around. But an atheist or a homosexual who doesn't hurt anyone is too much for their Christian and moral sensibilities! If she came out then her old room would no doubt be made into a guest room for vile criminals who are more acceptable.

Another odd thing...for those of you who have heard of soldiers who shoot up their fellow soldiers in Russia...a Russian told me that it's common for one or two new to the military to be singled out (and remember that military service is mandatory for men) for abuse, including male on male sexual abuse, and these mass shooters seem to be the ones singled out. Apparently it's acceptable for soldiers to abuse other men sexually, but not having a loving relationship with one!

It's fraggin insane to me. Twak

Virge Wrote:DONNA SUMMER! Thanks Eastie!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about to ask who it was back in ancient disco era before electricity who did that! I heard a bit about her from old friends. Also was at a bar in Chicgo 3 yrs ago where a drag queen came out doing one of summer's songs. People booed and threw crap at her and the owner threw her off the stage --- all being funny so she could get back up and do a hilarious anti-gay religious routine.

We banned her records from being played in the club and took all her stuff off the jukebox...there was a big bonfire for all of her music.....

There is controversy as to whether she said it or not...years afterward when her career was in the toilet she tried to say she didn't say it and apologize.

I think she said it.

People would be surprised if they paid attention to Gloria Gaynor as well..she does the love the sinner hate the sin thing a lot and she is quite the attraction on gay cruises.

I just did some reading about it all that Eastie. There was a nine year lapse between when New York Magazine published quotes by DS and her first public statement denying it ever happened. The magazine refused to publish a retraction. She sued but the whole thing was settled out of court and never disclosed to the public. It was only after that she decided to make her statement.

It's worth noting she was a preacher's daughter and a life member in the AME church, a black denomination known for teaching that homosexuality is "a white man's disease" that has been spread to blacks. I've even been present to hear older black christians say this and there are references to it on the internet.

Knowing that homophobia based in superstitions and sanctioned by by black churches is a subject that is not often addressed due to knee-jerk accusations of racism... and the long delay between the article, the refusal to publish a retraction and her statement about it..... I ask ... Cui Bono? who stood to benefit from publishing the ariicle, issuing no retraction, the court action and waiting so long to offer a statement.

I have to agree with Eastie. It all benefitted Donna Summer the most.

LOL, it's funny cause this girl is obviously an idiot, but "it's ok" as an italian I think it's very common to hear this kind of bullshit. In the last week I think I've read more than a pair of similar things from italian starlettes or nullity like this one, and the most "funny" thing is some of these asshole are member of italian government. And they can say racist and xenophobe things without any problem... Sometimes I hear about a member of British or US government who is obliged to resignation for act for much less...

i know they were a thing some time ago but i can't remember a single song of theirs.

Quote:It seems to me that lesbians look aesthetically much nicer than two men holding their hands or kissing.

Quote:being gay is still better than murderers, thieves, or drug addicts. If you choose out of all this, being gay is better than the rest

Quote:God created man for procreation, it is the nature.

well...except the ones the supernatural imaginary being didn't create for procreation. you know, men who are infertile. or those heterosexual guys who don't want kids at all.

it's been a while since i've been exposed to such bullshit.