Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never done this before
Ok I admit this is a little bit long for a first post ~.~, but this is my personal story, and I appreciate if you can actually finish reading this.
Please forgive my poor English.

Hello everybody,
I'm a guy from China attending US college this year.You can call me Athan or my account name.
As you may have noticed from my name, I am a deep closet guy. Since I was 15, I have been suffering about my sexuality for about four years. I do not know why I could not accept myself. During these years, several people found out that I am gay, and even though they did not say anything nor 'advertising' the news and even tried to make me feel better and understanding, I automatically cut off connection with them--unless they are my family, for example, one of my cousin.
Last summer I came out to my BFF and things started to get better. He totally supported me even he was totally anti-gay--and our friendship became closer actually. Anyway, since then when people find out my reality, I was able to say the truth. I mean, I won't actively or publicly come out, only if they dig me out; but at least I could face myself and it's a good thing right? My school grades was getting better, I participated in social activities again, and, most importantly, I find back the previous sunshine and positive me.
But things can't always stay awesome. Just saying, things have changed are they? And I has changed as well. I start to watch gay movies and TV shows, read novels, get in touch with some gay guys; but I can't help but think about my future. Something for uncertain is if my parents can accept my sexuality, and something for sure is I do want to have a girlfriend because that's what everyone does and ask me if I do. Things are getting awkward and I realized that I can't get back to have many guy friends purely without any sexual arousal--I'm at teenage. I miss the time when I could play and hangout with wide range of people and have fun easily, but now I have to pretend to do what I used to be good at and that's hard.
And I feel lonely, day and night. Sometimes I can paradise myself into study, but the result is over-handjobs. Just kidding, but the thing is I do feel lonely a lot and it is killing me. With stress from school and parents, I can't even have good sleeps like before. I do afraid that one day I won't be able to control myself to touch alcohol, cigarette, and drugs--which I know are only gonna make things worse. See, I have had over imaginative thoughts all in my head.
The reason I'm here is to try to find a community where I can make friends and talk to people without barriers. I may not be able to always online, but I do need a place to relax myself and put off my cover. After all, I consider myself as a funny and heartwarming person.
Thanks for reading. Love you @.@

Hi and Welcome! GaySpeak is a wonderful group to belong to, especially when you are going through the self-questioning stage that you seem to be experiencing. Just be yourself and ask for whatever advice you need and so eek e here will do there best to help!
I cannot encourage you to try and find a girlfriend, because that would be encouraging you to be dishonest with yourself and another person. Plus, it is just a recipe for hurting someone.
I know that all of this can seem overwhelming and scary, but just try to relax and follow your heart. It DOES get better!
~Beaux

Welcome to GS!

You've got a lot on your plate right now and have given us a ton of information. As time goes on we can help you work through it.

#1 Bad Idea: Getting a girlfriend just for show. You'll end up hurting her and embarrassing yourself.

Welcome to the forum.

as for the girlfriend, no....don't do it. You can't have a healthy relationship based on a big lie.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome here. Lots of stuff for you to work through, so just follow along for a while. Ask questions when you want. Folks here are glad to help.

No, don't get a girlfriend just "because everyone does." You need to remember that a lot of the guys who are asking you if you have a girlfriend are really looking for support. They may be straight but they are not sure how to handle things either. Don't be pressured. You may like hanging out with a group of friends rather than having just one special friend.

Above all, take your time. You must decide what is right for you in your situation and your culture. There should not be a rush.

Good luck.
I bid NO Trump!

Welcome to the forum. Yeah, just keep coming back and talking with us. I know it may not seem like it now but its all going to be okay. You're still young and learning about yourself and life. In another few years you'll probably be in college and a lot more opportunities will open up for you.

Welcome.

Don't get a girlfriend just because you're "supposed" to. It wouldn't be fair to her because she'd be wasting her time on a lie, and it's not fair to yourself either.

You are still really damn young. You might be amazed at how wide open your perspective will be thrown in just a few years.

Take it one day at a time fella.

Welcome to the forum inthecloset! I'm on the same page with everyone right here, don't get a gf just for a cover-up. Life is really a mystery. We don't know what's waiting for us on every step we take. We also try to resist some of it if it deems awful or unbelievable. Just learn to relax and be good with it. Learn to accept it well for what it is. Learn to take it easy. After all, we're always and forever be just a work-in-progress.

I want to wish you well on your path ahead of you. Confusedmile:

Welcome. I would also say "Don't do it." to the girlfriend if you think you're gay. It doesn't seem honest and will probably just lead to trouble at some point.

Just take your time and try to figure it all out. Live the life that's right for you and not for the people you know. They get to make their own choices and so do you Smile

Hello and welcome to GS Wavey
You are here in the right place. We care about you and we can help you overcome all of your difficulties.
My first advice is to never try to please anyone else but you.
Good luck with your journey, which I'm sure will get better than before Wink