Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No. Is a Complete Sentence

New Video time Smile. I keep doing these videos that are sort of notes to my younger self. Not a bad thing. This one is essentially about learning to put your foot down in situations you aren't comfortable with rather then just going along with it. Watch & enjoy <3.

Enjoyed the video - and the message!

are you 10 meters away from the recorder? lol
I had to use earphones to hear ya (my laptop already on max volume and still cant hear the video)
I always nicely tell anyone who 'invade' my personal space, if that person keep doing unpleasant things,, my fist/elbow will fly straight to their stomach
you have beautiful eyes, I have a thing w/ blue/green eyes :p
and yes, people should be more bold with what are they thinking/feeling, nice one

araya Wrote:are you 10 meters away from the recorder? lol
I had to use earphones to hear ya (my laptop already on max volume and still cant hear the video)
I always nicely tell anyone who 'invade' my personal space, if that person keep doing unpleasant things,, my fist/elbow will fly straight to their stomach
you have beautiful eyes, I have a thing w/ blue/green eyes :p
and yes, people should be more bold with what are they thinking/feeling, nice one

thanks for the lovely compliment Smile

are you sure you're not having sound issues? I've got a pretty decent lav mic attached to my jacket and the sound is pretty loud. I've been balancing the last few videos. With my headphones at 10% and the video's volume maxed it's loud n clear.

BrianNorth Wrote:thanks for the lovely compliment Smile

are you sure you're not having sound issues? I've got a pretty decent lav mic attached to my jacket and the sound is pretty loud. I've been balancing the last few videos. With my headphones at 10% and the video's volume maxed it's loud n clear.

I don't think so, I can wake the whole house when I played rock songs on my laptop
or maybe the video quality? I always set it on default (240 or 360 not sure which one)

But... what do you mean when you say NO?

*It's*such*a*vague*word*with*so*many*possible*meanings!*

hahahaha! I'm drinking snark flavored coffee this morning. Can you tell? Back to being serious for a minute... I agree. When someone I barely know invades my space and becomes too touchy-feely or even too flattering (which I call shoving a five pound bag of sugar up my ass) alarms go off and I just KNOW that person cannot be trusted -- that they are trying to soften me up for some ulterior motive --- and I play dumb until they expose what they are really up to and deal with it firmly while looking like an amused sociopath ready to have a raw liver dinner.

I do my best to always be straight up with everyone about everything and avoid manipulation games.
I expect the same and I'm not afraid to call people out about trying to manipulate me.

araya Wrote:I don't think so, I can wake the whole house when I played rock songs on my laptop
or maybe the video quality? I always set it on default (240 or 360 not sure which one)

It's possible. I upload in full 1080p so you may want to try setting it higher. It may not be the case with you but I've had videos randomly set to a low volume on the youtube slider even though i always keep it maxed.

Virge Wrote:When someone I barely know invades my space and becomes too touchy-feely or even too flattering (which I call shoving a five pound bag of sugar up my ass) alarms go off and I just KNOW that person cannot be trusted -- that they are trying to soften me up for some ulterior motive --- and I play dumb until they expose what they are really up to and deal with it firmly while looking like an amused sociopath ready to have a raw liver dinner.

I do my best to always be straight up with everyone about everything and avoid manipulation games.
I expect the same and I'm not afraid to call people out about trying to manipulate me.

Pretty much. I wish I had the confidence when I was younger. I don't think I ever got swindled but I had my share of uncomfortable dates. Bubble invaders REALLY get to me. Being an only child makes it worse as I've always been very aware of my personal space.

Yeah... only child issues... 10 years between me and my brother qualifies me as one too. There are different "levels" in my bubble and I guess everyone is the same way. I have a handful of male friends gay and straight who are as comfortable about being touched as they are touching. Then there's my straight room mate Ray-- there are next to no limits or inhibitions with him. It takes years to work up to that.

So when I've known someone just hours or a few weeks and they start being as touchy-feely as guys I've known for years it really does set off alarms. Gay guys who do it are usually being flirty but not always. Sometimes they -- and most straight guys who do it are out for something, warming you up to ask a favor or impose. The last one who did it to me eventually came around to asking me if he could move in here as a room mate and knowing his history of not paying debts it didn't matter how touchy-feely he was -- he wasn't going to even sleep over one night. Once he was turned down he's never come back around -- which is what I expected of someone with a history of mooching and manipulating.

BrianNorth Wrote:It's possible. I upload in full 1080p so you may want to try setting it higher. It may not be the case with you but I've had videos randomly set to a low volume on the youtube slider even though i always keep it maxed.

well youtube sucks

Virge Wrote:Yeah... only child issues... 10 years between me and my brother qualifies me as one too. There are different "levels" in my bubble and I guess everyone is the same way. I have a handful of male friends gay and straight who are as comfortable about being touched as they are touching. Then there's my straight room mate Ray-- there are next to no limits or inhibitions with him. It takes years to work up to that.

So when I've known someone just hours or a few weeks and they start being as touchy-feely as guys I've known for years it really does set off alarms. Gay guys who do it are usually being flirty but not always. Sometimes they -- and most straight guys who do it are out for something, warming you up to ask a favor or impose. The last one who did it to me eventually came around to asking me if he could move in here as a room mate and knowing his history of not paying debts it didn't matter how touchy-feely he was -- he wasn't going to even sleep over one night. Once he was turned down he's never come back around -- which is what I expected of someone with a history of mooching and manipulating.

it's not like I hate touchy-feely people but well, you're right! it's not so pleasant when people you just know start invading your private space
I'm okay with a girl who bury her face in my chest, crying, while I patted her back and keep giving her comforting words or a guy who sleeps on my shoulder or my lap or those kind of people who tickle me in my sensitive spots, it's okay since I've known them for years, I often do that too to them and we didnt feel uncomfortable in the least. and this manipulative games, I hate it and the people who doing it, I usually just tell them to f*ck off! or if I'm mean enough, I usually make them believe as if they're succeeded in trapping me in one of their games, and dealt a very deceptive blow in the end. thanks to this weird antics of mine, my closest friend often call me as "angel of deception" lol

I had great sound, and believe me when I say my laptop has the worst speaker system possible. Additionally I had no problems with YouTube and the video quality of your adorable face and lovely Canadian accent was pretty damned good. (Oh crap. Don't tell your boyfriend about that last bit, ok?) Smile

As for the content, I wish I had someone who could have taught me this lesson when I was very young; it would have saved a great deal of grief later in life. My own high school hell put me into the state of mind that I deserved the treatment I received. My life could have turned out very differently had I someone I could identify with who suggested ideas that worked well in their own life. Your vlog posts at YouTube may indeed help people looking for someone they can identify with, someone who makes common sense, and a person they can respect for opening up his own life so completely, who can also suggest ideas which they may not have considered before.

Don't feel alone Brian, I also hold most people in my life away from my personal space. There are a few old friends who I am closer with who are more expressive physically than I am, but I have come to deal with their friendly hugs over the years. I have also made exceptions when I find a person non threatening, quite personable, and very interesting. But when it comes to most people I have only just met, or strangers, my personal space is not to be invaded. I'm not even subtle about it anymore. If someone attempts to hug me, or pat my back or arm I step away before the contact can be made. I am not rude, unless someone is rude to me; I do have manners. But my personal space is sacred and over the years I have learned that people have to earn my trust before I allow them near my person.

Once again, great post and great vlog Brian. Well done.