Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling him I like him
When I was at University, me and this guy would stare at each other all the time. I think we both knew we liked each other, but we were both too scared to make the first move. He would also do other small things which indicated that he likes me. We left uni a couple of months ago and I really regret not telling him how I feel. I went into a shop the other day, and noticed that he worked there. We both made eye contact but I couldn't maintain it because I was too scared lol. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that he was fixated on me the whole time I was there.

I am a really shy person but I really want to tell him how I feel. The only way I can contact him is through Facebook, unless I muster up the courage to go into his shop and tell him there, but I don't think he would appreciate that. I am really anxious that he will reject me just in case he isn't out yet or is in denial.

What do I say? I am really bad with conversations, so if he does reply, how can I keep the conversation going without it feeling forced. How can I bring up the topic that I like him? And if he does reject me, how do I reply to that?

Any advice will be really appreciated Smile

If you REALLY think something is there, man up and do it in person... but don't gush it out like some school girl. Invite him to coffee, lunch, dinner... Date. Without directly calling it a date until you actually get to know him better and have actually held a real conversation with him.

You say, "Hey we should exchange numbers and hang out sometime soon." Then when he says yeah you whip out your phone, put in his number, and text him on the spot.

or

"What time do you get off work? Want to go grab a pint?"

or whatever. really. Just *talk* to him.

Camfer Wrote:You say, "Hey we should exchange numbers and hang out sometime soon." Then when he says yeah you whip out your phone, put in his number, and text him on the spot.

or

"What time do you get off work? Want to go grab a pint?"

or whatever. really. Just *talk* to him.

What camfer said. Just approach him, start some small talk, and then suggest a meeting.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Oh and I left out one part. Do not tell him how you feel. Interact with him so he comes to understand you and how you feel. If he has any interest he will pick it up over time. Play it cool. I always felt uncomfortable when someone I barely knew gushed all over me on how great I was.

Mudkip Wrote:
  • I am a really shy person but I really want to tell him how I feel.
  • The only way I can contact him is through Facebook, unless I muster up the courage....
  • I am really anxious that he will reject me just in case he isn't out yet or is in denial.
  • What do I say? I am really bad with conversations.
  • if he does reply, how can I keep the conversation going without it feeling forced?
  • How can I bring up the topic that I like him?
  • If he does reject me, how do I reply to that?

I have to tell you --- you're maybe the 5th guy so fat this month to ask about these same questions.

There's no rule book. There's no instruction manual. You just step into it and do the best you can and don't try to be anyone or anything but yourself. Any advice others give you will end up making you act as they would in your circumstances and not as you yourself would act.

But if you want to try what I did to win my first love...
I cut off an ear and offered it to him.
He's been wearing it on a rope necklace for almost 8 years now.
He'll be out of prison in 3 more years.
He promises he's waiting for me when I get out of prison in 23 more years.

(now go back and read the 1st paragraph again and you'll really get it.)

well, other posters above me said it all
I really dunno what to say!
just do what you really wanna do now so you won't miss the chance or even regret it later Smile

Making "First Contact" with a potential love interest - can be a daunting experience.

You must step up to the plate, accept the challenge,,, and start a conversation with him (face to face). Don't mess up this opportunity by not taking a chance,, he may be Mr. Right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Staring at one another doesn't mean you like one another. It means there is an attraction to one another.

For heaven's sakes...it can't be that hard to go into his shop, make some small talk about how you used to see him on campus...ask him how it is all going and ask for some advice on a product purchase or something that will lead to finding out a bit more about him.

In short. Bring it into the real world.

Lot's of good advice in here. I like the "we should hang out and grab a beer" thing the best. He says yes and you whip out the phone.

The hardest part is over.