Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I did something stupid...
If anyone remembers my last thread you'll know I fancy the pants off an actor but decided after some to-ing and fro-ing and fretting that until I was sure he genuinely fancied me for me and not just the idea of me (i.e. that I'm not just a midlife crisis!) that friendship was all I was going to offer up for the time being.

Well, friendship was working out quite well. I still fancy the pants of him but I was playing it cool.

My problem is it's possible I drunk called him last night. Actually I definitely did drunk call him last night because his number is in my call list, but I have no idea what I said to him! Given that I also drunk called a mate of mine shortly before that and apparently whined for 15 minutes about how I haven't had a decent shag in ages and musing what My Actor would be like in bed, I think it's probably safe to say that I didn't then call him up to talk about the weather!

I didn't realise I had called him until this evening when my mate came by and recounted our phonecall. I didn't believe him and checked my phone and was then faced with the horrifying realisation that he wasn't the only person I called. My mate thinks it's hilarious. I'm in the grips of despair! The call lasted almost 5 minutes so he must have answered.

What do I do now? Aside from running off to Outer Mongolia and becoming a hermit!

Call him up and apologize.

It's hilarious to your friend and to me, so chances are your actor buddy thinks it's funny (maybe even cute <3) too.

Do you not remember anything about the call? Maybe you will if he tells you about the things you said. Everybody does silly things when they get drunk enough - it's part of the fun. Try not to worry too much about it. Just apologize and laugh it off, hopefully your actor buddy will too.

Cuddly Wrote:Do you not remember anything about the call? Maybe you will if he tells you about the things you said. Everybody does silly things when they get drunk enough - it's part of the fun. Try not to worry too much about it. Just apologize and laugh it off, hopefully your actor buddy will too.

I don't remember a thing! If he found it funny would he not have contacted me today just as my mate did? He does have a somewhat bawdy sense of humour sometimes but what if I just came across as really desperate and freaked him out!

Obviously you're not gonna know until you ask. So, buck up and give the guy a call. Besides, what's done is done, whatever it is in this instance. Sounds like just another embarrassing moment to me. LOL!

I think what I most afraid of (aside from the humiliation) is having a great big question mark hanging over our friendship. If I've gone and confessed all in blunt drunken detail that will have blown any ideas of friendship out of the water (and yes, I know, if it's how I really feel it's better off out in the open...) but it's his feelings I've been trying to gauge. I would rather have his friendship than nothing at all. Christ I sound desperate!

It won't hurt to call him back and explain what happened. Maybe he will find it cute that even though you were drunk, you actually were thinking about him.

They should build breathalizers into the microphones of cellphones, that hang up automatically when they detect intoxication.

And texting programs that won't let you send a text if there are to many typing errors.

That would be real progress!

Kiddo, call the dude, explain and apologize. Then take it from there.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Bhp91126 Wrote:They should build breathalizers into the microphones of cellphones, that hang up automatically when they detect intoxication.

And texting programs that won't let you send a text if there are to many typing errors.

That would be real progress!

Kiddo, call the dude, explain and apologize. Then take it from there.

Clearly scientists never get drunk and make fools of themselves or else these things would have been invented by now! LOL

I'm no stranger to putting my foot in it whilst sober - you may or may not have guessed I have a tendency to ramble and this is whilst sober! Drunk whiny me is a whole other level of cringe!

you're procrastinating ... gotta call him... Wink

are you also sure you didn't actually have sex with him last night?