Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone wonders about a dream holiday? How would it be?
Hi guys,

how would your dream holiday look like? Do you go to LGBT-friendly hotels (e.g. TAG or Gay Welcome) or look for anything particular?

Thanks for sharing, have a lovely chit-chat Bee

Oh, if I had to pick, it would be a quiet week away at a cabin in the woods. Of course it would be stocked with a working kitchen and bathroom, and have a TV/DVD for watching romantic movies.

Smile
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hey there, Adamisk. Smile

I don't have just one "dream holiday". I have several. I doubt I'll get to live all of them, but I enjoy thinking about them. Let me tell you about a few of them.

* I've been lucky enough to take a few cruises over the years. And I've always enjoyed every aspect of them, except they always end before I'm ready for them to. I'd love to take a lengthy cruise - seeing a bunch of different ports, enjoying absolutely everything the ship has to offer.

* I've always wanted to visit Japan. I do want to see Tokyo and Osaka, but I'd especially like to see the rural northern section. I'd love to spend a couple days in a rural inn near the hot springs.

* Over the past decade or so, I've gotten to know several people online, and formed a fair number of "online friendships". Several of these relationships have taken on a sexual component, and we've flirted heavily, or engaged in some sort of online sexual exchange. One of my "dream vacations" would be to embark on The Gargoyle Sex Tour. To go visit these guys that I've gotten "intimate online" with, and actually go have sex with them. In its original incarnation, it was going to be a driving vacation limited to the United States (and perhaps Canada), and be very loosely constructed. Maybe I'd just spend one day with one guy, or if it went really well, maybe I'd stay a few days longer. Smile I doubt we'd JUST have sex - I'm assuming there'd be a lot of visiting the local scenery, and perhaps I'd be on my own for awhile while the guy had to work. And I can think of one or two guys I've gotten to know without any sexual component, and I think I'd like to visit them for a platonic visit. (It'd give me a chance to recharge, too!) But I'm assuming it'd mainly be a "sex vacation".

As time went on, I met a couple guys outside the US, and bonded with them. I've mentally added them to the Gargoyle Sex Tour anyway. What the hell - it's all fantasy at this point, right? If the planets align, and finances and time constraints allow me to make it a reality, we'll see who's available, and what I can fit in. Smile

Lex

I'm actually planning both my dream holidays right now (:

This summer I'm going volunteering in Costa Rica, I'll be working with sea turtles and dolphins, living with a host family that'll teach me Spanish and their culture and after 3 weeks of living with them I'll be travelling the country, doing stuff as bungee jumping and horseriding to hidden waterfalls. Still sounds like a dream Wink

The other one.. well I won't go into too much detail as I've had my moment of hysteria about it on here already but I'm going to America haha.

I can never come up with time/money for my dream vacation. Whatever it would be it would be out of my country. I would want adventure. Explore Japan or India or Indonesia (I'm a sucker for Asian places....). No tour guides or anything, just taking everything in. Smile

i went on my dream holiday this past January. it was so worth it and then some!

This is going to sound crazy but for us after flying so much to see each other for 8+years staying at home in the same house is the the dream. This Friday he and I will be living under one roof for 60 days. In the past we didn't see each other that much in four years. This waking and going to bed together more than five days in a row is the real thing!

Well, for Americans, I'd say the dream holiday would be a Thanksgiving at home with nary a dish to wash afterward. :p

For you Brit lot, and like linguistic allies, I'd say my dream vacation would be to have a full two months to traverse Europe, or China or Australia/New Zealand. If I am to be single, I'd like to meet a romantic companion along the way. If partnered, I'd like for him to be as interested in people, language, culture, and food as much as I am. My preference would be to stay in hostels and/or more pesonal lodgings with every opportunity to befriend those also on the journey.

And I'd like to be not employed upon my return, as I don't want to have two months of backlog to work off as punishment.

Lest the Fates be easedropping on this, I'd also like to be free of cancer before going, as I'd like for my experiences to be untinted by such a lens. If you must give me due recompense for such privilege AFTER my return, I'll not bemoan it.

Cinestry Wrote:This summer I'm going volunteering in Costa Rica, I'll be working with sea turtles and dolphins, living with a host family that'll teach me Spanish and their culture and after 3 weeks of living with them I'll be travelling the country, doing stuff as bungee jumping and horseriding to hidden waterfalls. Still sounds like a dream Wink

Wow, it sounds adventurous and a real life-time experience, I am sure you will get the most out of your holiday and the culture in this way. Once I spent a week in Montenegro, living with families (I had more accommodation as I was travelling around the country) and I learned a lot about their culture and daily habits. I could not compare it to my holiday in Turkey, where I spent my time in an all-inclusive resort and could not get into the local life (although it was also wonderful in its way).

Have fun there!

dream vacation, a week without pain?

I miss camping, back packing, hunting and all of those outs doorsy things I once did. But since this is dream might as well dream big and Set about camping at every national and regional park around the world.