Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple/Samsung alliance
If this happens will it mean the demise of all other cellphone manufacturers?

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/V1c7Bw...itors.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Doubtful.

Frankly this is no different to Volvo, Ford and Mazda sharing platforms. Ditto Citroen, Toyota and Peugeot.

Android and iOS are targeting different markets. Besides which Apple and Samsung were working together quite happily before and it did not kill off the likes of Motorola, HTC, Sony etc etc

Samsung makes refrigerators.

Apple makes this:

[Image: FkpKKrqQlYsgNBq6.large]

[Image: 10026-2014-140729-rMBP_Unbox-l.png]

i rest my case.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Yes, but as far as I understand it, the alliance would be regarding smartphones.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Samsung must be out looking for crumbs then.

meridannight Wrote:Samsung makes refrigerators.

And very fine smartphones, televisions, computers, CT machines, ultrasound machines, x-ray machines, CPUs, memory, chromebooks etc etc

Apple makes computers and smartphones. They recognise that Samsung do some things better than them, such as design cpus and memory. CPU and memory that powered iPhones until the lawyers decided to have a cat fight.

All we are seeing now is resumption of normal relations. Tim Cook recognises the benefit in outsourcing certain portions of their hardware.

Crumbs lol

WhatsInAName Wrote:And very fine smartphones, televisions, computers, CT machines, ultrasound machines, x-ray machines, CPUs, memory, chromebooks etc etc

and Samsung phones are refrigerators compared to Apple.

why buy a Toyota, when there exist works of art the likes of Lamborghini.

Sounding like a fanboy there my friend Smile

meridannight Wrote:and Samsung phones are refrigerators compared to Apple.

Iphone 5C? My galaxy nexus is better specced, has a nicer screen etc etc.

As for lamborghini, that's just an Audi in a posh dress these days isn't it? Shakin

I like apple hardware, I just don't enjoy their software. It's a bit "fischer price my first smartphone" Frog

WhatsInAName Wrote:Sounding like a fanboy there my friend Smile

i know what i like and what i don't like. period. boy.

Quote:As for lamborghini, that's just an Audi in a posh dress these days isn't it?

it's the other way around. Ferruccio Lamborghini started the business and his ideas are responsible for the still core design philosophy of Lamborghini models. the design and manufacturing principles haven't been fucked with by Audi, nor does Audi want to do that. Lamborghini was around long before Audi had any association with it. it's an Italian car, and it still is an Italian car.

Audi acquired Lamborghini. completely different thing. Audi R8 is one of the best examples successfully incorporating Lamborghini technology and it is a superb piece of machine. it is the Audi that benefited from Lamborghini technology not the other way around. i do think, however, that it has resulted in a successful outcome overall.

Well, you do get a bit riled up. I was only pulling your leg.

And dont call me boy, friend.