Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony PlaStation (PS4) Question
Hi guys.

I'm interested to buy my first video console. A Sony Playstation.

The question is should I buy PS4 now or should I wait for PS5. What's the shelf life of PS4 before PS5 comes out? When will PS5 come out?

Please advise.

It would be very much appreciated.

Jay

I would think it will be a few years yet before a PS5 would potentially be released. The PS3 was 7 years old before the PS4 was released. There was 6 years between the PS2 and PS3. It's difficult to say exactly when PS5 will come about, but as the PS4 was only released in 2013, it'll be a while yet. So yeah, I would get the PS4 now Smile

Just be aware the console is not backwards compatible, so you can't play PS 1,2 or 3 games on it, though some of the more classic games are available to purchase on PlayStation Store Smile

Cridders88 Wrote:I would think it will be a few years yet before a PS5 would potentially be released. The PS3 was 7 years old before the PS4 was released. There was 6 years between the PS2 and PS3. It's difficult to say exactly when PS5 will come about, but as the PS4 was only released in 2013, it'll be a while yet. So yeah, I would get the PS4 now Smile

Just be aware the console is not backwards compatible, so you can't play PS 1,2 or 3 games on it, though some of the more classic games are available to purchase on PlayStation Store Smile

Okay noted, Cridder.

I've been watching video games and walkthroughs for years ago via theRadBrad (the most) and few others - religiously. I just thought it's probably a good idea to purchase my own PlayStation since Uncharted is coming by. I also thought it would be fun to co-op with friends on certain games.

Anyway thanks for the information given, Cridder. I appreciate it very much.

Jay Wrote:Okay noted, Cridder.

I've been watching video games and walkthroughs for years ago via theRadBrad (the most) and few others - religiously. I just thought it's probably a good idea to purchase my own PlayStation since Uncharted is coming by. I also thought it would be fun to co-op with friends on certain games.

Anyway thanks for the information given, Cridder. I appreciate it very much.

No worries Jay Smile

Love the Uncharted series on the PS3, and can't wait for Uncharted 4 on the PS4. They are bringing out a series bundle for the PS4 with Uncharted 1,2&3 on it, would be well worth ourchasing. One of my favourite game series of all time! Smile

My favorites are The Walking Dead - Telltale, Uncharted, The Last of Us, The Last of Us: Left Behind, Deadspace, Deadspace 2, Bioshock Infinite to name a few.

Not forgetting Outlast and Outlast: Whistleblower. These two are my most favorite horror games. I jumped a lot whilst watching Outlast. Laughing alone and yelling at theRadBrad to run for cover countless times.

I would like to try to play Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. It was fun to watch so hopefully fun to play too. I would like to try co-op mode.

Will buy PS4. Thanks again!

I don't think i could wait for the next console to come out. Once I started gaming it was like movies, i just need it sometimes to escape reality. I am currently on the PS3 and waiting until fall to get a 4. The reason I am not upgrading now is because the 4 will not play games from the 3 of which i have a bunch. I think this is a mistake on Sony's part, it will give the Xbox an advantage. There are plenty of different types of games and I am sure you can find something you like. I am not big on online gaming but the people i know who do it love it.

Good luck

Does co-op requires you to cooperate with unknown players or can you just invite your friends that own PS4? I don't think I want to play with people that I do not know. I've heard nasty stuff on co-op with strangers.

The only online game that I've played was Puzzle Pirates (MMORPG). Played that game for several years every day. My still personal favorite game is Roller Coaster Tycoon, which is a PC game. Played it for years.

But I would like to step up a bit and give PS4 a try.

Thanks happyschizoid.

with co-op you can just invite other people you know that also have a ps4. a lot of people I know that play games online only play with people they know. you might even be able to play with some people from GSSmile except me, unless you get the xbox one Wink which I think you should get.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Okay, noted on the coop, Ceez.

Regarding to Xbox; What are the advantages of Xbox? I notice Playstation has better exclusive games such as The Last of Us and Uncharted. Or is it simply based on individual taste like green apple versus red apple?

Jay Wrote:Okay, noted on the coop, Ceez.

Regarding to Xbox; What are the advantages of Xbox? I notice Playstation has better exclusive games such as The Last of Us and Uncharted. Or is it simply based on individual taste like green apple versus red apple?

It's all about individual taste really, well now anyways. Now most popular games are on both consoles but I started to stick with xbox early on when their exclusives were halo, gears of war, mass effect and bioshock. Plus the kinect is pretty fun, but it still boils down to individual taste, I suspect both companies will keep all the specs similar to keep the competition going.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]