Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In case anyone cares
I've been homeless a while now. Thus why I haven't been on here.

Jason kicked me out over a misunderstanding between a gal who helped me out after having a grandmal at a bus stop. Appearantly when he sent a voice mail message to my phone at 5 am she read it to me, and I was still pretty much out of it and she though I was telling her to tell him I was in hospital. When the reality was that I was on the way back from a Drs appointment at hospital when I had the seizure. So she pretended to be a nurse. IDK if it was reasonable or not. But anyone who has dealt with a person post-grandmal knows that the patient is often confusing confused and no one knows what the hell they are saying.

Of course there were other issues prior to that, such as his not following up when I told him to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist and learn more about my mental health issues and the typical treatments that would follow.

So back in march once I started on all of my new pills (seizures, PTSD, Pain pills, Depression pills - yada yada yada) I ended up being exhausted all the time while adjusting to those. Jason called it a 'drug stupor' and told me then to get out of the drug stupor or get out.

So I stopped taking most of my meds and muddled through.

Any ways. Getting on these social programs is a real pain in the arse and takes time. He wasn't satisfied with that.

So he told me to get myself (and my little dog too) out of his house. So I have been out.

First the bad news. Apparently the past month or so that I have been run down and out of energy wasn't do to adjusting to being 5000 fucking feet in elevation and adapting to a humid (dry desert - my ass) climate. No - I have been walking around with walking pneumonia.Rolleyes

I went to ER last Saturday, and whilst waiting in line to check in kinda sorta passed outa and fell down Facepalm. They kept me over night, pumped me full of fluids and meds and sent me to a homeless shelter with bed rest. Tuesday night the deep crap in mu lungs started navigating its way up to the upper lungs, causing slight breathing problems. I got to spend another night and day in hospital - with more drugs. Yay.

Today I'm upright, coughing up stuff I should have been coughing up a month or so ago. I got a week worth of bed rest to do, plus inhalers and other wonderful crap.

My General Assistance Disability finally came through July 2nd - Yay. Well - that is $245 a month. I got a back check for the first three months. So yesterday once released from hospital I opened up a Bank account 1 checking and 2 savings accounts. I got money in a bank. And money coming in which opens the doors to more options for housing both temporary or permanently.

I'm now really on my meds - so that has me run down even further. But in a month or two I should be well adapted to those.

The guy at this shelter place said he will talk with my doctors and figure out a plan of action to take account for my need of laying down in the afternoon to let my spine relax and reduce the pain. Another one of those things Jason didn't like me doing either. This shelter has 24/7 rest and a night only side. There isn't a side between the two that allows a person to come and go and say take a 3-4 O'clock lay down for an hour or so to rest the back.

Due to the PTSD and degenerating spine issue I'm a shoe in for several programs that few social service agents appear to know about. The place I am at now has a lot of top dogs of the town backing it (Judges, Lawyers, former and current politicians) so it gets first dips on a lot of services. It is also half backed on the medical side by the VA which also opens other doors for the VA residents.

I got a case manager who will help with getting me housing, and get my dog regulated to service companion animal which will allow her to travel on the buses, and will shoot down any pet deposits an apartment would normally charge.

Further, as a health aid companion animal she will get schooling (where/if needed) and free health care for life.

My Health Management Care Giver via my insurance said once I get an apartment she will arrange for a maid and other services. Since I declined those when first offered in February since I was at Jason's and I felt he wouldn't be to terribly pleased with a stranger coming in his house.

I'm also going to be getting my medications delivered to me and other medical sort of stuff done for me.

It may take 2-3 more months to get a real apartment - or even a house with a wee yard so I can have a vegetable garden again. But its in the process.

Wavey

Hang in there, man. It'll get better.

Poor you.....but I hope everything will be alright. You're one of my favorite posters on this forumSmile

don't know how you deal with all this, if you weren't depressed before this would push anyone over the edge - I do worry about your dog though, im an animal lover way above people, happy to see she's going to get any treatment free too though.
Hope u get the correct meds and they just don't throw them at you to move on to the next patient though - guess this is another chapter for you, hope u find something stable soon

I hope it all works out..
House warming slumber party soon?

Ouch. If I were a kangaroo, I'd put you in my pouch.

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through more hard times, at least there really is a bright side in the near future.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Of course anyone cares.

Xoxo,
~Beaux

What an amazing trooper you are, Bowyn. It is good to hear that you are getting help. Though it may not be a grand abode, I am sure that you will enjoy having some degree of independence and things will indeed look up.
I bid NO Trump!

Bowyn,

If you need help with new clothes, toothbrush, shaving kit etc. just pm me. I'll do my best to help out. I can send them in parcel or something. Just give me an address to send out.

It's not much. But it's the least I can do to help.

Regards,

Jay