Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Post for the Love-Lorn
I'm not sure how long this post will be, but I am going through the trouble of writing it because of the many threads that are started here on GaySpeak concerning LTRs (or the lack there of).

This post is about my cousin Peggy. Peggy is 12 years older than me, which makes her 55 years old as-of-right-now. When I was in my early teens, she (and mainly her younger brother, Ernie) were my heroes. They were SO cool! Peggy was already married with 2 toddlers at this time, and Ernie was 19. Ernie was probably irritated that he got stuck driving me around with him, but I figure my Aunt Billie thought of me as a chaperone.....boy was she wrong!

Peggy had gotten pregnant her senior year of highschool and married her quarterback boyfriend before graduation (Husband #1 ). We won't be discussing him much, only to say that by the time their oldest daughter was 7 (and their youngest daughter 5) the fat-girl next door dropped the bomb and confessed to Peggy that she was pregnant with his kid. Peggy moved out the SAME DAY. She didn't even wait for him to get home and question him--she just,packed up her kids and didn't talk to him except for through a lawyer until after the divorce was finalized.

Truthfully, those were some of the best years of my life! Ernie would want to go somewhere, Aunt Billie would saddle him with me, he would take me to Peggy's apartment and drop me off while he ran around and did his thing....and I...well, I would hang out with Peggy and her amazing friends. Musicians, delinquents, rich kids and the odd assortment of hooligan would assemble at Peggy's place to jam out, smoke pot, and just generally fuck-off....but I digress...this paragraph isn't really relevant to the thread....

Anyway, about 5 years later I introduced Peggy to her second husband, George. He was one of my college roommates, and even though he was only 21 and Peggy was 32, they REALLY hit it off! Less than a year later they married (Husband #2 ). My Aunt Billie and Uncle Ed were NOT thrilled to welcome George to the family! First off, George is full blooded American Indian...and Uncle Ed is a man-of-the-South (Really Fucking Racist), but eventually (after about 6 years) they finally accepted him....and a year often that George was caught embezzling from his employer and was sentenced to 7 years in prison. Peggy divorced him.

After Peggy divorced George, she dated a couple of losers. One of them even had the gall to proposition me. I immediately told Peggy, but he convinced her that it was the other way around and we had a falling out. We didn't speak for almost 3 years. Then she met Jay.

James ("Jay") Johnston was black. Peggy met him at work (she is an RN) due to him being a disabled veteran. Needless to say, if Uncle Ed didn't like George, he HATED Jay....So, Peggy reached out to the family she KNEW wouldn't care about race--Me. I came back into Peggy's life and not once have we ever discussed the lying dastard who split us up.

Peggy was married to Jay for 7 years before he died of a heart attack due to his medical condition. He was Husband #3 .

Peggy was single for about 3 years before she met Bruce. In all honesty, I didn't like Bruce (because he is a Homophobe), so it isn't any skin off my nose that I am the reason Peggy left him last year after only a little over 2 years together. Wether Peggy or I want to admit it or not, Bruce was Husband #4 .

Peggy has been single less than a year now, and guess what? She was just (very publicly) proposed to by the guy she had been dating, Chuck. I was a little worried at first, because it seemed to me that Chuck might just be a "rebound", but after a LONG discussion on the phone last night, Peggy assured me of something really important--- He makes her happy AND Life is too short. So Chuck is soon to be Husband # 5.

The moral of the story (if there is one...)? Life is too short. Fall in Love as often as possible. Nothing lasts forever, even stars die! But, My God, are they beautiful while they Burn!

~Beaux

P.S. Just cause I can hear people thinking to themselves what a knock-out my cousin is, I have decided (after oking it with Peg) to include a picture of my cousin. I will be the first to admit that if you knew her, you would think she IS a knock-out, just like I do! She just has one of those personalities where you know she is good in her own skin and is a genuinely loving person... Smile

Here is the photo:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not that I wanna interfere, but did u ask her that u share her Story on this board, especially if u post her picture?!

Writing a anonymous Story about another person is one thing, but posting a RL pic and tying her to this without her permission isnt nice in my opinion. At least I would be pissed period.

greetz

.:: edit: Nothing against the Story or the Message ur trying to give us, just the way its delivered::.

Codys Wrote:Not that I wanna interfere, but did u ask her that u share her Story on this board, especially if u post her picture?!

Writing a anonymous Story about another person is one thing, but posting a RL pic and tying her to this without her permission isnt nice in my opinion. At least I would be pissed period.

greetz

.:: edit: Nothing against the Story or the Message ur trying to give us, just the way its delivered::.

Duh..Yea. I know that it was a pretty big wall of text, but it DOES say in the original "PS" that I O.K.ed it with her first...
~Beaux

Ohh I totally overlocked that part, sorry

Then I take everything back and state the opposite

Thanks for the story, [MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION], I agree with the "moral of the story if there is one" 100%.

That said, some of us (LOL!), at least at my age, DO NOT WANT MORE DRAMA IN THEIR LIFE. Not if we can fucking avoid it. Yeah, sure I'd like an FWB... if he just shows up out of the blue. I'm sure as hell not going to advertise for one on CraigsList or WTF ever "dating" site. GAC! I'm not interested in dating and I SAF don't want to "fall in love" ever again. Madness I tell you, shear MADNESS!

Love the story...and I get your point...and it is an EXCELLENT POINT....

take a chance!