Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old men rule
Kyrie Irving was Rookie of the Year with the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NBA.

He played for the Duke Blue Devils in college and is now a favorite of many basketball fans around the country.

In this video, they dress him up with movie make-up to make him look like a 70-year old man. He goes to the street basketball courts in New Jersey and gets in a pick-up basketball game with a bunch of young guys. At the beginning he plays poorly but then he starts playing for real. Watch the video.

http://devour.com/video/uncle-drew/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

"I'm know I'm old youngblood, but you wanna switch sneakers? You sure you don't wanna switch sneakers?"
Too fun. Love how the guys start trying to challenge him and one by one get shot down.. Nice pick me up for the day LONDONER.

Chase Wrote:Old men do rule, literally. Old, wrinkly, grey haired men have been sending zit-faced teenagers to their deaths in wars for thousands of years.
In return, young people exact revenge by blaring horrible music, causing havoc and riots in the streets, and eventually cutting social security.
The once young age and then become gerontocrats themselves as the generation before them dies off, and the cycle repeats itself.
Take your meds Chase...

I honestly thought your post was a colorful take on historics..

No.. my comment was me being playful..

How would anyone here know that you are medicated..?

Usually I'd apologize if my sense of humor pushes boundaries. ..

I keep forgetting there is no humor (humour) in the threads ...

How would a guy that doesn't know anything about you know that you're off your meds..?

I see clearly you took something playful and made it toxic..?

Walking on eggshells is not something I am good at...

It's hard to do it for anyone I don't know how..
No one does it for me..nor do they need to.

Anocxu Wrote:Take your meds Chase...

Anocxu Wrote:I honestly thought your post was a colorful take on historics..

No.. my comment was me being playful..

How would anyone here know that you are medicated..?

Usually I'd apologize if my sense of humor pushes boundaries. ..

I keep forgetting there is no humor (humour) in the threads ...

How would a guy that doesn't know anything about you know that you're off your meds..?

I see clearly you took something playful and made it toxic..?

Walking on eggshells is not something I am good at...

It's hard to do it for anyone I don't know how..
No one does it for me..nor do they need to.

Why am I sensing deleted posts? I thought it was innocuously funny Anocxu. Then again I guess I've been a sensitive old fool often enough.

Steve Wrote:Why am I sensing deleted posts? I thought it was innocuously funny Anocxu. Then again I guess I've been a sensitive old fool often enough.
I take responsibility Steve..

The last thing I want is to ruin some one else's experience here...

Chase probably logged on to interact .. relax.. escape .

What are the odds that a random playful comment like that turned out to be his reality..

He knows that I could not have known.

This is the second time I've ran into such a scenario .. and there was once I was out of line.. and I did apologize .

Here is the truth Steve..
I need to curb my online personality ..or simply interact with members that know me.

These guys know I'm not an unkind or vengeful person..

This is an issue we have on the site..

I think way too many people make a post only when they have a problem..
They get their answers then they disappear. ..
Now here comes giddy Anocxu .. thinking "Why can't we make things a little more fun?"..

Someone said people look at my profile pic and they assume I'm gate keeper of the apocalypse. .

THAT'S IT!!!
I'm prescribing nitrous oxide therapy for all of you!!#

Anocxu Wrote:I take responsibility Steve..

The last thing I want is to ruin some one else's experience here...

Chase probably logged on to interact .. relax.. escape .

What are the odds that a random playful comment like that turned out to be his reality..

He knows that I could not have known.

This is the second time I've ran into such a scenario .. and there was once I was out of line.. and I did apologize .

Here is the truth Steve..
I need to curb my online personality ..or simply interact with members that know me.

These guys know I'm not an unkind or vengeful person..

This is an issue we have on the site..

I think way too many people make a post only when they have a problem..
They get their answers then they disappear. ..
Now here comes giddy Anocxu .. thinking "Why can't we make things a little more fun?"..

Someone said people look at my profile pic and they assume I'm gate keeper of the apocalypse. .

THAT'S IT!!!

(((Anocxu))).....

I wince a bit for you sometimes..NOT because I think you have crossed a line or that you aren't funny...you are hilarious...but because I have been in your shoes and I am not sure if you have ever heard me say it here but I have mentioned it a few times in the past...I leave my humor at the door in the internet. My humor does not translate well on the internet....

This is why....

Jerry Seinfeld recently joined fellow comedians Chris Rock and a few others saying he would not play at colleges anymore and I totally "get" what they are talking about...people are way too sensitive about alot of things now....the pendulum has swung...and it will swing back....

It will...just give it a few more years...

In the meantime..you make me laugh out loud...and I have to remember not to have any coffee in my mouth before I read you...I have had to buy new keyboards in the past because I spit out my coffee and didn't feel like cleaning in between the keys...

...and please don't follow my example and stop using humor on the internet. It isn't that I am afraid to do it...my problem is with the apology. I am not going to be brought to my knees apologizing to someone I don't respect or even care about...because I was not sorry....and THAT is what made me close the door on the part of my personality...

...and even worse..hearing them "correct me"...I will never forget the one guy and two girls at this one board who I never talked to otherwise try to tell me that sex is about making love....BARF...it was torturous having to hear them ..so I stopped...

Let's just say..my advice used to be alot more "colorful" than it is now. I am saying essentially the same things I used to...just differently....and leaving out the parts where I was blunt and humorous....

If I respect or like someone...I will sincerely apologize if I think I crossed a line..and I mean it..so I have no problem doing it...but strangers? ...nah..fuck that...

Last weekend...(a week ago..not yesterday)...I had one of my friends laughing so hard she started to pee her pants....I had to tell her to stop because too many other people were coming over to us wondering what was so funny and I didn't want to give any of them a heart attack ...my humor is ...uh...not for everyone...

Anocxu Wrote:THAT'S IT!!!

Oh honey...

I'm glad that you take responsibility, but you're also beating yourself up too much. I medicate everyday, more than once, so that I can be a halfway intelligent, non confrontational person. More than once I have either not read through the lines of another person's post - the subtext, or I have completely misunderstood someone's post. There are some posts, especially anything directly relating to a post of mine, that have made me exceptionally paranoid, left me feeling judged, even hated.

Those are my issues. When I'm thinking clearly I realize how far off the ledge I have jumped. In a bad frame of mind I have both responded when I should have held my tongue and let an emotional wave pass, or I have deserted the forum, sometimes for months. Often these feelings resurface in racing thoughts when I lay down and try to fall asleep, or in almost violent, unwanted moments during the day. Sometimes the thought is so vivid, the shame of my actions and words so intense that I verbally attempt to push them out of my head. Try explaining the questioning looks of people in the grocery store when I loudly exclaim "Stop!". Mark's gotten used to it. I am so f*ckin' lucky.

Other people can't be held responsible for my illness. If I'm going to place myself in a social setting like this forum, I have to be prepared for whatever happens because I have to claim responsibility for myself as well. One of the reasons I come here is that people at GS don't tolerate the hate that is often an integral part of so many other gay internet communities. I can dish out hate as well or better than the next person, but I pay for it.

My mental health issues leave my emotions pinned on the equivalent of the wheel of fortune. Often even medications don't cut it. All I can do is wait until I feel I stand on more reasonable footing and then attempt to figure out how to explain my behavior, sometimes beg for forgiveness.

So please remember that although you may be responsible for what you post, you're not necessarily responsible for how other people react to it.

There are a lot of messed up gay people; they ask us questions -often the same ones- everyday. Sometimes its the same person repeating the same questions and behavior time after time. The lessons that other people learn the first time they fail, fall flat because sometimes the failures, the words of advice don't sink in. When I make one of these gargantuan posts in response to some poor soul who can't see the forest for the trees I will quite often repeat my advice or observations more than once, because some people don't sponge the information the way others do.

Don't stop being light hearted. Stay funny, the world can use more humour (the Queen's English?). You may have to do damage control from time to time for some of us who happen to be having a particularly hard day. But don't let that stop you from being you here, especially on this forum. Don't we encourage that here anyway?

As for the laughing gas, I'm first in line. And I want a cut-to-the-front pass.

I try to keep stuff like this in my head as much as possible. Not only is it light hearted, as simple as it is, it lends me perspective.

I understand East..
I am some what an acquired taste. .

I'll be off for a bit..
Maybe a change or scenary temporarily?

I just made an Adam Adam profile and my sphincter pics are awaiting approval. ..Figured those lips will probably get me in less trouble if I throw them around.

Steve Wrote:Oh honey...

I'm glad that you take responsibility, but you're also beating yourself up too much. I medicate everyday, more than once, so that I can be a halfway intelligent, non confrontational person. More than once I have either not read through the lines of another person's post - the subtext, or I have completely misunderstood someone's post. There are some posts, especially anything directly relating to a post of mine, that have made me exceptionally paranoid, left me feeling judged, even hated.

Those are my issues. When I'm thinking clearly I realize how far off the ledge I have jumped. In a bad frame of mind I have both responded when I should have held my tongue and let an emotional wave pass, or I have deserted the forum, sometimes for months. Often these feelings resurface in racing thoughts when I lay down and try to fall asleep, or in almost violent, unwanted moments during the day. Sometimes the thought is so vivid, the shame of my actions and words so intense that I verbally attempt to push them out of my head. Try explaining the questioning looks of people in the grocery store when I loudly exclaim "Stop!". Mark's gotten used to it. I am so f*ckin' lucky.

Other people can't be held responsible for my illness. If I'm going to place myself in a social setting like this forum, I have to be prepared for whatever happens because I have to claim responsibility for myself as well. One of the reasons I come here is that people at GS don't tolerate the hate that is often an integral part of so many other gay internet communities. I can dish out hate as well or better than the next person, but I pay for it.

My mental health issues leave my emotions pinned on the equivalent of the wheel of fortune. Often even medications don't cut it. All I can do is wait until I feel I stand on more reasonable footing and then attempt to figure out how to explain my behavior, sometimes beg for forgiveness.

So please remember that although you may be responsible for what you post, you're not necessarily responsible for how other people react to it.

There are a lot of messed up gay people; they ask us questions -often the same ones- everyday. Sometimes its the same person repeating the same questions and behavior time after time. The lessons that other people learn the first time they fail, fall flat because sometimes the failures, the words of advice don't sink in. When I make one of these gargantuan posts in response to some poor soul who can't see the forest for the trees I will quite often repeat my advice or observations more than once, because some people don't sponge the information the way others do.

Don't stop being light hearted. Stay funny, the world can use more humour (the Queen's English?). You may have to do damage control from time to time for some of us who happen to be having a particularly hard day. But don't let that stop you from being you here, especially on this forum. Don't we encourage that here anyway?

As for the laughing gas, I'm first in line. And I want a cut-to-the-front pass.

I try to keep stuff like this in my head as much as possible. Not only is it light hearted, as simple as it is, it lends me perspective.
That was so kind of you to share ..

Sometimes I need to understand this site serves as a refuge for some.
I hope your your positive experiences here keep you coming back.

My pics just got approved..
Made a new friend..
"FF Ptop"
I'm assuming he loves Fast and Furious movies?

Not sure why he wants me to bring Crisco if we are going to watch Fast and Furious movies..
Maybe fried chicken?.,

Thanks guys..
See you in a few...