Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys that say they're "Busy"
Just wanted to start a discussion, how many of you have tried to ask a guy out and when you do he comes back to you saying he's busy? There's more to the story of why I'm asking but I just wanted to get some thoughts first. If this has happened to any of you guys what do you do? Do you let some time pass and ask them again at a later date, or do you move on to another guy thinking this person is to busy to care?

If this happened to me I would try again at a later date, but if I was met with the same response a second time with no reason or suggestion of an alternative time to meet, I would move on.

pretty much the same what Cridders said. a guy can be busy, it happens. but if that's his response more than once...obviously whatever he's doing is more important than getting together with you. nobody is that busy, that they can't take a couple of hours of their time to meet with a guy they like.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

SilentFilm1988 Wrote:... Do you let some time pass and ask them again at a later date, or do you move on to another guy thinking this person is to busy to care?
I agree with both [MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION]. If someone says they're busy and doesn't suggest some other time to get together, then move on.

I also agree with the other guys response to this post because I had recently went through something similar with a guy who had asked me to spend some time with him and unfortunately, the timing was not right for me due to the fact that I had become extremely busy at my place of employment due to working on several projects at one time. I did not go into detail as I am now from his initial invitation ...but I did inform him that I am not able to spend anytime with anyone due to circumstances at work. Although, some guys may think this is very cliche ...but it was the honest truth. Unfortunately...this guy did not really believe me and assumed I was lying ...however, I did not feel the need to defend myself to him in this situation and had just came to the conclusion that apparently...this was something that was not meant to me and accepted it for what it was. This just goes to show that there are times when the excuse is genuine.

JohnSomebody Wrote:I also agree with the other guys response to this post because I had recently went through something similar with a guy who had asked me to spend some time with him and unfortunately, the timing was not right for me due to the fact that I had become extremely busy at my place of employment due to working on several projects at one time. I did not go into detail as I am now from his initial invitation ...but I did inform him that I am not able to spend anytime with anyone due to circumstances at work. Although, some guys may think this is very cliche ...but it was the honest truth. Unfortunately...this guy did not really believe me and assumed I was lying ...however, I did not feel the need to defend myself to him in this situation and had just came to the conclusion that apparently...this was something that was not meant to me and accepted it for what it was. This just goes to show that there are times when the excuse is genuine.

^^^^^^^^
This!
John hit on the heart of the issue! Too many people impose their subjective interpretations on reality like this guy did on John. Maybe in the past this guy has run into other guys who have gotten rid of him by saying they were busy but it does not give him the right to impose what others have done to him on John.

And it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy once the guy starts dishing out attitude and accusations based on his subjective interpretations of what John said. Who wants to hang out with someone who's already accused you of something that you shouldn't have been accused of in the first place?

Anyone who does this about being told "II can't I'm busy" is likely to do it about, "I'm late because I had to work late" or "I slept with him a long time ago but now we're just friends"

this seems top be a pretty common thing. I've had a few guys on dating sites tell me they're busy when approached. It always annoyed me, because they would message me, and get me interested, and then tell me "I'm busy" when I tried to set up a date.

I started to reply with: "Ok, send a message when you're not as busy. 'Till them,, I'm gonna keep looking.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

As I am always busy in reality...I would assume they are just busy...

That's all.....

[MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION], [MENTION=22709]JohnSomebody[/MENTION]
i also sometimes get very busy at my work, but i can always find a couple of hours -- at the very least! -- whether at the expense of my personal time, sleep time, or work time to spend time with a man i am interested in getting to know. if i am not willing to find the time for him, then i am not that interested in being with him. that's the bare truth.

this applies to everyone. honestly, no person on this planet is that busy that they can't spare two hours from their week! that's just nonsense. then they apparently are not that interested in spending time with whomever it was that asked. this has to do with the guy who asks, not having the whole 168 hours from your week scheduled for. unless, you're the President of the country, you are not that busy.

Virge Wrote:Anyone who does this about being told "II can't I'm busy" is likely to do it about, "I'm late because I had to work late" or "I slept with him a long time ago but now we're just friends"

totally false. now you're imposing your subjective something onto it. these are completely different circumstances.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:this applies to everyone. honestly, no person on this planet is that busy that they can't spare two hours from their week! that's just nonsense. then they apparently are not that interested in spending time with whomever it was that asked.

Probably true in most all cases..including my own...but the problem for me is that so many times...the guy takes it personal and expects an explanation...

If they say they are busy..that may include being not at all interested in rearranging their time for you...but it doesn't mean they really aren't busy..or they are lying..

I have been harrassed by a guy MANY times...I couldn't get away because I was stuck behind the bar...where they asked me for "the truth"...and I learned to tell them in the nicest possible way because when I was blunt in my younger days..I paid for being honest..a price that wasn't fair at all to me...so I am suspicious of people who say they want to hear the truth,,,,

Saying you are busy is alot easier than getting an ashtray thrown at you...or your tires shlashed...

The ashtray thrower...we had sex for hours and hours...I fucked him in the bed..on the stairs..upside down...crunched up in the closet...on the sink in the bathroom...in the shower...over a stool in the kitchen...outside on the patio...on top of the washer....holding him in the air with his legs wrapped around me....
every position I could think of....

...and he thought it meant I liked him. I was stunned...I thought he would understand that the reason I fucked him for so long was because I couldn't cum because I wasn't excited and we had no sexual chemistry..so of course my real busy schedule became a priority.

He certainly didn't like he truth when he asked me for it (YIKES)