Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess you could say I'm a new person ;)
Hi! I know I haven’t been here almost all summer, life has been crazy, but now everything has calmed down a bit I started missing all the hours I spent reading on here so here I am, I guess (:
So yeah, life has been weird in both the really good and really bad sense. I came home from my dream holiday in Costa Rica, finding my horse extremely sick, had the (I believe) last big fight with my dad and I almost had to cancel my year in America, but look to the left YES I’M FINALLY HERE! Big Grin
I love this place, so many dreams have come true already, I can hardly believe it.

Also I need to thank someone from here, although I don’t remember who it was but I hope someone will read this and recognise themselves in it, because just one sentence that someone wrote to me on here got stuck in my head and really changed a lot for me.
When I first got on here I was overthinking everything, insecure about everything and basically just unhappy. Someone told me to just go have fun and most of all have a lot of sex, I thought this was some pretty funny advice but wasn’t really planning on following it as I never saw myself like someone who would do that… Turns out the people on GS always know best. When I met someone two weeks before I moved here and he was clearly initiating it, suddenly this sentence popped up in my head so I was like fuck it let’s just do it. I’d never thought having sex with a stranger for two weeks would cure me of all my insecurities haha :’) So anyway, whoever gave me this advice really thank you because life is so much better now I’m not that miserable person anymore!

Also now I’m writing this anyway, does anyone know any good places here in the USA I should definitely visit this year before I go back home? I’m interested in everything I just really want to make the most of this year!

Hey! Welcome back Smile

I have to LOL at the "have fun and have a lot of sex" advice...it sounds like something I would say. I don't know if it was me or not...but whoever it was gave you good advice :biggrin:

I was actually thinking it might have been you yes! Tongue

Be sure you stock up on condoms and use them, friend.

"Also now I’m writing this anyway, does anyone know any good places here in the USA I should definitely visit this year before I go back home?"

Wow! That is a a hard question. I have lived in this country for 67 years and there are places that I will never get to see. You have to pick and chose. Just a few ideas: the Rocky Mountains, the Great Plains, the Appalachians and the Smoky Mountains, the swamps of the South, the food that goes with all of these places, the many accents of the people that live there, sunsets and sunrises. Then again. you could spend years just touring the waters of North America. You could pick several large cities line Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco to name a few, and only skim the surface of them. You could visit the Navajo and the Apache and the other natives of this country and spend a very long time learning. It is all like a treasure chest. Enjoy.
I bid NO Trump!

Cinestry Wrote:I was actually thinking it might have been you yes! Tongue

Well...wheover it was...I am happy for you that it worked out! I like happy endings...there aren't enough of them!

Welcome back Cinestry Smile. Glad to see things are going better for you now Smile

Welcome to New Mexico!

These are good short trips from Albuquerque, all within 2 - 6 hours drive.

Chaco Canyon
Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands National Monument, & Sitting Bull Falls
Canyon de Chelly
Acoma Pueblo
Saguaro National Monument (okay, maybe a further drive, but worth it)
Grand Canyon
Santa Fe
Taos

PM me if you need any advice.

Welcome back SmileBunny2
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

welcome back!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] I realised pretty quickly that I won't be able to see EVERYTHING yeah, I knew America was big but when I found out it took two hours to walk to just another part of the same city I figured I'd underestimated this quite a bit Tongue That's why I've decided to mainly just stay on the western part of the country.
Thank you for the suggestions though! You named some things that are definitely on my list, I'll check the other ones out.
[MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION] Thank you for the ideas! I don't have a car so it's a bit hard to get to most places but I'll definitely try to get to some of the ones you mentioned.
I have a host family here and they actually told me about Canyon de Chelly, they said you can only go down that canyon if you have some Indian guide with you, does that mean you've actually done that? That would be really cool!