Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a cure for a bad back
Hi All,
Anyone know a good method to sort of take away back pain on the lower where ya sleep aqward??? I smashed up me bed a while back and ordered a bed what i thought would be a sofa bed BUT turned out to be a bloody futon and a few nights ago whilst sharing it with me bf and two dogs i kinda slept aqward and its giving me gip.. Ive had hot baths, deep heat, changed several seating positions, etc etc but nothings kicking it and i dont do pain killers as it isnt like me life is gonna perminantly fall apart just wondered what methods anyones tried to get rid of the pain and if it has worked?? Wish it was payday i could then go get some deep heat as that works loads of wonders and smells LOVELY Big Grin AND ALSO gives ya a tingly sensation

kindest regards

zeon

Deep heat is such shit!!

I have to keep my back moving to keep away from the pain.

zeon Wrote:i dont do pain killers

Why not?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

If you can manage it I would recommend some exercise. The yoga pose, The Cat, is a good place to start. One of the exercises I found most helpful for strengthening my back muscles when I was in serious difficulty a while ago was actually to lie on my side, supported on one elbow, and lift both legs at the same time.

Hope you feel better soon.

marshlander Wrote:If you can manage it I would recommend some exercise. The yoga pose, The Cat, is a good place to start. One of the exercises I found most helpful for strengthening my back muscles when I was in serious difficulty a while ago was actually to lie on my side, supported on one elbow, and lift both legs at the same time.

Hope you feel better soon.

my phisio person told me to put your hips on the floor and push up with your arms and hold it as long as you can... helped no question about it.

fredv3b Wrote:Why not?

I guess some people don't, I try to avoid them the best I can, I don't know why, just try and look at an alternative

Xyxthumbs

Star Twister Wrote:I guess some people don't, I try to avoid them the best I can, I don't know why, just try and look at an alternative

Xyxthumbs

I dont because about 50 years down the line and you've been poppin paracetamol to help everything you might find out it could kill you from some sideffect.

CardShark Wrote:I dont because about 50 years down the line and you've been poppin paracetamol to help everything you might find out it could kill you from some sideffect.

Same could be said for almost any food or drink you care to mention.
Fred

fredv3b Wrote:Same could be said for almost any food or drink you care to mention.

So true, but as long as your eating different things it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Where as you don't really have much variety in off the shelf painkillers.
Ibuprofen, asprin and Paracetamol.

CardShark Wrote:So true, but as long as your eating different things it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Where as you don't really have much variety in off the shelf painkillers.
Ibuprofen, asprin and Paracetamol.

The more different things you eat the more likely at least one of them is harmfull...
Fred