Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death is a blessing
hi,
i am sitting here comforting my last baby boy rat.. his lived for jus over 3 years which is about 70-80 human years i didnt realise till now that he suffered a stroke whilst i was away.. his layin on my chest not wanting 2 drink or eat.. not wanting 2 live anymore... i kno its selfish of me 2 jus say i dont want 2 go ive lost all my other boys i dont wanna lose him too.. his choosing to jus giv up how can living things do this is there a point when life becomes unbearable that one feels like going??? I feel like a failure if i had not been selfish n that i may be able 2 afford the vet bill to have him put to sleep. his got his lil hands cupped round my thumb as if to say....... dad its time to say goodbye... i... i dun wanna i kno its nothing much being a rat and most ppl dont get emotional over it but ive raised bred and now ive got to find his plot in the garden... l can feel him on way out his twitching in my arm and nothing i can do willl save him... i keep whispering its gonna be alright and sleep now lil one but he keeps lookin at me... im as sorta scared as he is but i wont let go.... to speed time up i got my headphone near him with enigma return to innocence playing and ballin me eyes out.. Y did i not notice sooner his condition getting worse.... i jus hope he goes shortly so his pain ends

in someways death is a blessing n it will b in this one

sleep well baby dad loves ya and bury ya next to your brothers

zeon Cry Cry Cry

I'm scared of having pets because I know I can't handle the death part of it.

its the hardest card u dont realise the love u have for them until they go for good

Zeon I been reading a lot about how people in bad situations such as people being kidnap and solders who just decided death isn't a big deal any more and just want some peace from pain and torment so they have lost faith in living any more.

I've been reading a story about some German Solders in the dieing days of the WW2 they just give up on their life's as the Russians had surround them and they know if they give up they would all die in a Soviet work camp but they just couldn't life any more.

Maybe that is similar don't know dude, really sad to hear about him though....

[COLOR="Purple"]Oh, zeon, seems we have a similar love for animals and they for our type too.

The first little one to go was a parakeet in Tokyo named Pecker. He got weaker and weaker and finally just passed away in my palm.

There have been a few other little ones to go but none as devastating as Tootsie. Tootsie was my first rattie. A real beauty of a hairless rattie she was. I think that ratties are the first intelligent of the pocket pets and Tootsie was so smart and totally faithful. She always knew where I was and if I opened the cage door she always ran over to get pets or taken for an adventure and adventures we did have...

Tootsie was always eager to hop into my backpack and go for a ride on my bicycle. I would bring her to a couple of the biz locations and everybody loved her but she always followed my voice and everyone noted that Tootsie really loved me Mushy I was traveling by plane to my parents for a month and couldnt leave Tootsie alone so my sewers created a pocket holster for her. After sneaking her thru airport security got her out of the holster (the tight space and warmth of my body put her to sleep) and put her into a small cage that fit into my backpack. My family totally loved her even though they thought they would be disgusted by a rattie.

So Tootsie traveled coast to coast twice and had more adventures than any rattie ever... As many female ratties do she started growing tumors. Another friend had a couple females with tumors and we discussed her treatments. They always grew back and seemed to suffer during the healing period and more after. I decided not to operate on her but the tumor grew and grew... I decided that when she was in a condition that she had no joy of life to put her down. The doctor came in and gave her one injection and left. I stayed with her. She wasnt nervous as she trusted me and I did as you, petting her telling her to go to sleep as tears ran down my face onto her naked body... the doctor came back in expecting her to be sleeping but she was holding on... she slowly faded, closed her tiny eyelids and her heart stopped.

I know that it doesnt help much but I always think of what a wonderful life my little ones had. I am sure that all your little ones were loved to the fullest and will sleep with huge smiles having known ya...

Cry RIP all the little ones Cry We thank you little ones Cry
[/COLOR]

My dog died last year. I had her for nearly 15 years, her heart had finally failed her and she could not walk and lay in her basket unable to get out even to go to the toilet.

I took her to the vets and there was nothing they could do for her other than put her to sleep.

I held her in my hands as they administerd the lethal injection her trusting eyes staring deep into mine. I held her as she collapsed and passed away and that was the hardest thing I have had to endure in my entire life. I can still see those trusting eyes. It was heart breaking.

I kept rats when i was growing up. I understand how hard is it when they are dying. I felt really guilty for not taking better care of one of them towards the end. Don't feel bad for not being able to put it down via a vet. Rats in the wild have it much tougher, this one was lucky to be owned by you. R.I.P.

I always try to remember that death is a natural, normal and inevitable event in life. (Its helped me in the past YMMV)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Hi,
I took the day off yesterday from everything to just be myself and i buried him next to his brother and laid another slab ontop of his grave.. I got a asda cereal box out of the garden and washed him down and then wrapped him in tissue and kissed his head and whispered "sleep well now your gone and look after ya brother for me" and then buried him next to his brother in the back garden.. I came in an opened the window as wide as i could and because i am a spiritual person i jus said go... Leave and have fun.. I always open windows for 24 hours so that the spirit can be freed from where the body died... The girls are missing him loads and not eating their food but i will watch them closely and if they dont eat ill go buy some secret bits from asda that they would LOVE

Dunno how relevent this is...its a dogs prayer...but i spose it could be applied to most pets...

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I lick your hand between, blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow your through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god, and I am your devoted worshipper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food, that I may be well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing , and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do no turn me away from you. Rather, hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest..... and I will leave you, knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Your devoted friend......