Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anonymous group
I say good for the people strong enough to form this group and become social warriors lol i feel like becoming a social warrior sometimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

As I see it,,, activism has been a central part of society since the dawn of man. It is a way for people to stand-up against an injustice.

The only thing bad about activism is when it gets out of control and people start damaging property, looting, and hurting one another.

Non-violent activist,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:As I see it,,, activism has been a central part of society since the dawn of man. It is a way for people to stand-up against an injustice.

The only thing bad about activism is when it gets out of control and people start damaging property, looting, and hurting one another.

Non-violent activist,
Jim

I think many events look different from the lease of history. For example, I think we all disagree (at lease "on paper") with the idea of out-of-control people damaging property and looting...however, the history books have a way of attaching catchy names to such events, like "the Boston Tea Party", and declaring "Revolution". I suppose one man's "Riot", is another man's "Birth of a Nation/Movement....

~Beaux

I love the idea of bringing down corrupt wealty peeps...

I dunno if I would ever be a part of something like this..I am way too dettached of things to care about anything, I reckon.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Beaux Wrote:I think many events look different from the lease of history. For example, I think we all disagree (at lease "on paper") with the idea of out-of-control people damaging property and looting...however, the history books have a way of attaching catchy names to such events, like "the Boston Tea Party", and declaring "Revolution". I suppose one man's "Riot", is another man's "Birth of a Nation/Movement....

~Beaux

The REAL truth is::: Bostonian's threw the tea overboard because it was made in China. They wanted American made products only!!.............. (big grin)

Yep,, your right. Sometimes activism requires more than a peaceful protest in order to get action. Words will only go so far,,, and when they fail,,, a much stronger approach is necessary.

Removing my Kumbaya bumper sticker,
Crazy Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Alto Wrote:wow you must be a really hardcore catholic [MENTION=23118]Northlad[/MENTION]

http://m.memegen.com/6mj38v.jpg

I dont get you lol

Nah.... i just want the bankers to be brought to accord and the wealthy to pay their way, soft communism with monarchy thrown in is my way lol

see i dont really say i support them just that finally someone as found a way to control the people who control us and they cant do a thing about it. Maybe im wrong maybe im right but i think id be more animal rights and all that

Anti-austerity I get, when vulnerable people like the disabled or elderly are affected.

However some of the anti-capitalism irks me a bit. I've worked the majority of my working life doing crazy hours and on minimum wage, and it's only through hard work that I've been able to progress and earn more. There seems to be this feeling that those who earn more should be punished but not everyone has been born with a silver spoon in their mouth. I do believe though that some of our services people like nurses deserve better pay.

I dont think we should punish rich people but loop holes they use once rich should be closed, hard work i have done and non hard work and i paid my fair share. I don't think any publically employed person should be on any amount more than the PM but for sure nurses/firemen/police need raises yet another argument of mine is you never see people in them jobs just like teachers arguing about funds for their jobs its all about their wages and pensions.