Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kissing...
So I'm not exactly a stranger to kissing but I think I'm a little confused on the difference between a kiss and making out...mind you when I think of kissing I'm not talking about a kiss you give to your mother....unless you're Gene Simmons...

Like I say I'm no stranger to making out, and I guess I need some advice and clarification so I don't offend my date next time... (We have not kissed or anything yet).

Thanks for the help, a bit embarrassing to ask this and is why it is annon.

I think the two main differences are intensity and duration. If you're tilting heads to get the full-on kiss going, you're probably working towards making out. If the tongue gets involved, I'd say you're making out. And if you do it long enough that anybody in attendance would start feeling awkward (or turned on), you're definitely making out. Smile

Lex

Lex pretty much nailed it - and nothing embarrassing about asking... were not born with this info...its all gathered Smile

matty7 Wrote:Lex pretty much nailed it - and nothing embarrassing about asking... were not born with this info...its all gathered Smile

So basically a kiss is a kiss on the lips and boom you're done...I have heard of "10 second" kisses...which isn't really a kiss then?

Unfortunately guys who have "kissed" did so for on and on...so wasn't really kissing at all...and apparently I never distinguished the difference between the two...well until now.

/delete, wrong post.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

why does it matter? this doesn't seem like an important distinction to me.

the only difference between the two, the way i see it, is who you're doing it to. it's never called 'making out' when you're kissing a friend or a family member. it's strictly called a 'kiss' in those instances, even if you keep your lips on them for minutes on end (in theory). if it's a person you're sexually attracted to, then you can call it 'making out'. you can make out with your partner for 3 seconds, i don't see that duration influences it.

it's just a personal preference the way you call it. 'making out' implies more involvement and it's perceived as 'more than kissing'. that's also a way to distinguish between them. but it is still kissing, and there is not much difference per se.

making out
''Do I look civilized to you?''