Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phobias
describe any recent or recurrent phobias that you have, whether they be conquered phobias or are a current struggle

i used to suffer from this thing called xeno-phobia, which are of two types, the fear of the strange and the fear of strangers, the former i have overcome but the latter is still a current struggle

cynophobia is a problem too, i have a dog but he doesn't scare me one bit, (he isn't agressive any-way) only aggressive dogs scare me.

Acrophobia - fear from height, I've given up trying to beat it and this is a big problem because I'd like to try many things connected with heights, like mountain climbing but I know I can't.

Also hydroskourophobia - fear from deep and dark water, I cannot swim in places where it's so deep my feet don't reach the bottom.

I used to have claustrophobia long ago but it's gone.

I have always had a phobia from all kinds of insects and still struggling with it.

I don't know what else... I just woke up.

Dogs used to scare the crap out of me. Not anymore. Although I am still weary of getting close to an aggressive one.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I'm afraid of flying. That's the only thing that approaches a phobia level for me.
It gives me the creeps to think about whales, hollow skyscrapers, and ships out of water though. Those are pretty irrational too.

I have a fear of heights... I mean I've been on a plane and I've been on roller coasters (although not in over 15 years) but getting on ladders or climbing in an attic freak me out... The only way you can get me in an attic is if the attic has a pull down ladder...then I'm still pansy lol

I also have a bit of social anxiety, I don't like going out in public, I have got better at it but still an issue and has really stunted my social life. So things like dating have always been a challenge, making friends a challenge. I also can't dance and I think it is itself a fear and also connected to my social anxiety.

I used to sit at lunch through most of my school years alone, I didn't have friends most of the time... I never went to any school dances, prom or anything. There were other reasons that came up here and there, some to do with my dad refusing to allow me and my sister to participate...my sister was lucky to get on the swim team and actually had to rely on someone else's parents to get to swim meets at other schools...pretty sad thinking about it.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I don't think I have a major phobia.. But I guess I am scared of electricity.. I hate that shit

Height.

But I usually do the opposite to annoy my phobia on height.

I forced myself to ride 360 pirate ship and I screamed like it was the end of the world.

I rode roller coaster and I screamed like a girl.

I do wall climbing. Once, my instructor ordered me to swing from one side of a wall to another wall. I obeyed and fell flat on my face (on a protective mat). I enjoyed that.

And so on.

Height... flying is no problem, rollercoasters aren't a problem, being on a high floor in a building is no problem, but as soon as there's not a solid / stable ground under me or depth really close to me, I panic. So, I have big problems with ladders and climbing and stuff. I would never do bungee jumping or skydiving or so. It already freaks me out watching it to the extent that I have to take something to calm me down. I couldn't be with a guy who does it.

Spiders... they are okay until a diameter of a centimeter (including legs) or so, but then it's becoming a big problem. Especially when they are bigger (we had some in our house who must be of 10 cm in diameter or more) I freak out, scream, cry, but can't run away because it needs to be under control, but I can't do anything about it either, because I can't get closer than a safe distance of 2 meters or so. I am completely helpless in such a situation. Unlike with height, I want a boyfriend who is not afraid of spiders, because I'd need someone to remove them safely.

I'm also quite scared of wasps and other insects, but not really in a phobia kind of dimension.

Oh and social fears exist as well, but let's not get there again.

Very interesting to hear grounded people are common, seems we as humans are not ready to fly yet ;-P.

I fear wasps.

Because one time I thought a wasp flew away and then a minute later it stung me and I realized it never flew away as I thought.