Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my BIG Epiphany.
First of all, Happy new year!

Second, this new year came with a huge epiphany that solved my confusion for the past 10 years. It took me literally 10 years to figure this out and finally I know what's up.

You know, my family they love me, care about me and wish good for me, but I'll tell you this..
Even though they love me, they don't want me to have a character, a mind, dreams, an opinion, attitude, spirit, personality... They don't want me to strive for the best and be great. They expect me to do everything for them and ask nothing of them except for food, water, sleep and a very small amount of money. They want me a living corpse but dead on the inside. They want me a robot. They don't want me human. That's why I've been confused about them always thinking bad of me and putting me down yet caring for me when something really bad happens to me. They're not even aware of this, it remains in their subconscious mind. It is automatic and built in. I don't know what to call this but it is the way they are. That's how they all are, even my mom. She isn't who I thought she was and no longer the person I look up to. Turns out that she didn't stick around only for us. She's actually still in love with my dad which makes it all that fucked up. She still cares for him and still hopes for him that one day, he will come home to her, drop on his knees and apologize to her. Sweep her off her feet and they will live happily ever after like some fucking Disney fantasy. She's so delusional and hopeless. How the fuck is that even possible? These people are so conflicted and contradicting it doesn't make sense at all to me. I don't understand this and I never will. They all feed each other with toxic love and on each other's negativity. It is love yet toxic. That taught me that love isn't always good for you. Even unconditional love doesn't mean it doesn't do you harm. That epiphany changed my whole attitude towards them and the way I treat them. I have officially disconnected myself from my family and no longer depend on them for anything or expect them to be there at all for me even when they are actually there. They cannot be changed. I can just accept them the way they are for my own inner peace's sake, stay as far away as possible and keep my distance from them until I leave them for good. When I do. I'll deactivate my facebook account, get rid of my phone number and cut all ways of communication to them. Sounds about damn right.

Welcome to the "dettached from the family" group Smile
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

if you do finally break free then I wouldn't be quick to delete phone numbers or Facebook straight away - you never know but they may finally realise that you are your own person with his own mind and personality and they just might realise that they have to treat you like an equal if they want you in their lives ....you never know !!!

Insertnamehere Wrote:Welcome to the "dettached from the family" group Smile

A group I'd like to salute. Because it is liberating to feel dettached. Makes me feel independent!

verysimple Wrote:A group I'd like to salute. Because it is liberating to feel dettached. Makes me feel independent!

Well, when the situation is like yours, it sure is.

I won't say my family is...bad...but I found myself noticing the same things you did.

I decided I was not going to have them doing that to me anymore.

I am truly sorry that you find yourself in this position but you have made the right decision. The sooner you are able to cut ties the better and everyone on GS wishes you the best of luck.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I hope you follow through with it verysimple.....

Divorcing my family was the best thing I ever did..I have not regretted a single thing about it except that I didn't do it sooner.....

The problem is,..for me anyway..the whole world is out to shove the whole "Family is everything".(ON WHAT PLANET????)...."You only get one family"(DO YOU PROMISE????) ...."Family is the only thing you've got" (THEN SHOOT ME NOW).....bullshit down your throat...

WHO THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE???????

Ever see the statistics on molestation and violence in the family???? ...and the damage psychological abuse does might even be worse..and how can these fucking people who repeat this bullshit and try to shove it down your throat be so damn clueless?????...like walk in my shoes before you tell me one fucking thing about my "family"....GRRRRRR

Guess what Hallmark? Psychopaths and Sociopaths and Narcissists and Sadists and Molesters and Drug Addicts...uh..they have children....and their children are screwed...so do them a favor and stop with the "Family is Everything" crap because they probably already feel guilty or ashamed of themselves...just for being born....

UGH...end of rant.....

I think I am more angry now at the people who spew all that crap about the importance of family than my actual family who I have been working as hard as I can to forgive for years...for ME...not them....and I am close...but it is a bitch to get even as far as I have...not done yet.....

The thing is...if you learn toxic behavior...and then you pretend it is OK...you are basically gonna repeat the pattern...or you can tell them to fuck off..and break the pattern....

Good Luck [MENTION=21000]verysimple[/MENTION]

Personally.
I think most of us..at one point or another think our families are downright dysfunctional. .
till we live a little more.. grow a little more , or till we are able to make objective comparisons.

I think my immediate and extended family is a little wacky..
All my close friends think my family is awesome just to give an example.

East Wrote:The problem is,..for me anyway..the whole world is out to shove the whole "Family is everything".(ON WHAT PLANET????)...."You only get one family"(DO YOU PROMISE????) ...."Family is the only thing you've got" (THEN SHOOT ME NOW).....bullshit down your throat...

Oh, yes. I feel you on this. I remember too well a post I read that said "You should be thankful you have a family, some people don't"

Well, that depends on the family doesn't it?

Some are good. Good for the members of that family.

Some are not. Some are toxic and damaging and removing yourself from that environment shouldn't be considered a bad thing.

East Wrote:The thing is...if you learn toxic behavior...and then you pretend it is OK...you are basically gonna repeat the pattern...or you can tell them to fuck off..and break the pattern....]

This right here, is key.

As a general rule, cut out the toxic parts of your life. If the family becomes toxic, and certainly some do, the cut it out of your life. Why keep something that damages you? Why let yourself fall on the same behaviors?

East Wrote:I hope you follow through with it verysimple.....

Divorcing my family was the best thing I ever did..I have not regretted a single thing about it except that I didn't do it sooner.....

The problem is,..for me anyway..the whole world is out to shove the whole "Family is everything".(ON WHAT PLANET????)...."You only get one family"(DO YOU PROMISE????) ...."Family is the only thing you've got" (THEN SHOOT ME NOW).....bullshit down your throat...

Ever see the statistics on molestation and violence in the family???? ...and the damage psychological abuse does might even be worse..and how can these fucking people who repeat this bullshit and try to shove it down your throat be so damn clueless?????...like walk in my shoes before you tell me one fucking thing about my "family"....GRRRRRR

Guess what Hallmark? Psychopaths and Sociopaths and Narcissists and Sadists and Molesters and Drug Addicts...uh..they have children....and their children are screwed...so do them a favor and stop with the "Family is Everything" crap because they probably already feel guilty or ashamed of themselves...just for being born....

UGH...end of rant.....

I think I am more angry now at the people who spew all that crap about the importance of family than my actual family who I have been working as hard as I can to forgive for years...for ME...not them....and I am close...but it is a bitch to get even as far as I have...not done yet.....

The thing is...if you learn toxic behavior...and then you pretend it is OK...you are basically gonna repeat the pattern...or you can tell them to fuck off..and break the pattern....

Good Luck [MENTION=21000]verysimple[/MENTION]

Fuck them. From the oldest to youngest. Fuck them all. The pattern and the code ends with me. I am no longer apart of this family. I don't care what my religion says anymore because my religion doesn't recognize the shitty pigs they are. It doesn't give me an alternative solution that if "Your family was like this; you should do this instead.." no, it keeps saying that I shouldn't say anything wrong to them and not even give an attitude towards them. WHY? JUST WHY? I get the fact that they have raised me and gave me a healthy childhood but that doesn't give them the right to shit on me for the rest of my life. If anything, those hypocrites are the reason I have emotional issues and dealing with an emotional gab. I am walking my own path, ignoring my fears. If I want to be with my family and parents out of fear then I'd be the most pathetic human I know. Listening to your fears cages you, puts you in a prison and makes you even more afraid to do other things. You try to do the right thing and become hesitant to make a mistake. Thing is though, there is no right or wrong. There's only fucking up, standing up and learning/ growing. It is the only way we can develop and evolve just as long as you don't repeat your mistakes and make a pattern out of repeating them. So for me, growing and breaking the pattern starts with disowning my family. Consider it done. Smile