Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Maurice White
Founder member of the iconic band Earth, Wind & Fire has died:

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/music...74-n511561

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Yes, people die. We've established that. Wonder how many more artists we will loose in a row, though. Tis a bit macabre.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Most of (if not all) of my friends have listened to EW&F, and loved their songs.

Here is a list of their Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 hits.

Mighty Mighty - #2 9
Devotion - #3 3
Shining Star - #1
That's The Way Of the World - #1 2
Sing A Song - #5
Can't Hide Love #3 9
Getaway - #1 2
Saturday Night - #2 1
Serpentine Fire - #1 3
Fantasy - #3 2
Got To Get You Into My Life - #9
September - #8
After The Love Has Gone - #2
Let's Groove - #3
Fall In Love With Me - #1 7
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Maybe I should have headed this post as "RIP Earth, Wind & Fire" since the name Maurice White obviously doesn't mean much to many people. There are few groups that have bought so much actual joy to people than EW&F.

Insertnamehere Wrote:Yes, people die. We've established that.

I'm a little confused; do you take issue with RIP threads? There's really nothing wrong with acknowledging someone's life and passing, is there?

*shrug*

NativeSon Wrote:I'm a little confused; do you take issue with RIP threads? There's really nothing wrong with acknowledging someone's life and passing, is there?

*shrug*

I'm starting to. In the future I'll have to ignore them I guess.

And no, there is no problem, I suppose. Even though thousands of people die everyday...not that anybody acknowledges that.

My problem, I think, is with the ilogical train of thinking that leads to these threads. I've heard it all from "making a difference" to "being reminded one ones mortality"

All pretty dumb if you think about it. The things they did, songs, books, movies will forever be there even if they're not anymore.

And why does someone need to die..or rather, someone publicly important, need to die for people to remember they are mortal beings? I mean haven't they had a pet that died, a relative that died?

And this all leads to point: the ilogical fear of death that so many people have..

...yeah...

I guess I'm not like everyone else...so I'll shut up now.

Insertnamehere Wrote:And no, there is no problem, I suppose. Even though thousands of people die everyday...not that anybody acknowledges that.

My problem, I think, is with the ilogical train of thinking that leads to these threads. I've heard it all from "making a difference" to "being reminded one ones mortality"

The reason and only reason for having posted this thread was just to inform of Maurice White's passing. No need to mourn, just remember the joy that he and his group brought to so many people and to know that there will be no more from him.

Insertnamehere Wrote:I guess I'm not like everyone else...so I'll shut up now.

Oh, don't do that. I don't mind at all--I was genuinely curious. And although I don't agree with you, I can understand what you're saying.

LONDONER Wrote:The reason and only reason for having posted this thread was just to inform of Maurice White's passing. No need to mourn, just remember the joy that he and his group brought to so many people and to know that there will be no more from him.

That is, of course, understandable.

Alto Wrote:Everybody..

everybody has

Not me, sweetie.