Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music that makes you cry or means something to you
Any songs/artists that actually mean something to you or get you emotional?

Mine,

^^ I remember singing that in a school choir lol i love the tune

Annie Lennox, Abba, Red Simpson, Tina Turner, a few due to what they mean to me in life and the things i went through when i knew of them oh and lots others i may add soon to the thread,

It isn't my normal genre, but Robinella's song "Down the Mountian" makes me think of something my grandmother tried to tell me when I was young. Sorry, I don't know how to link the song...
~Beaux

Songs don't usually make me cry unless I am feeling particularly down or going through a rough patch at the time.

This one by Evanescence did a while back. I was feeling pretty down on that day and properly got into the lyrics and imagined Amy Lee (the vocalist) was singing them to me, it just struck true to how I was feeling at the time, so yeah, some tears were shed. I can listen to it now and not feel particularly saddened by it, but I was that day.

Evanescence - Disappear

This one has aswell at one point, caused me to reflect a lot on circumstances at the time. The lyric "Is there really any point in making plans?" really struck a cord with with a situation I was dealing with.

Above & Beyond feat. Alex Vargas - Making Plans

And finally, this one by Linkin Park. It portrays Chester Bennington's (the lead singer) struggle with drug addiction, something that I have been through myself, so this song always strikes a cord with me, and has moved me to tears once or twice before.

Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit

So yeah, it does depend on how I was feeling at the time. Certain songs will always resonate with people at different times in their lives and with what they are going through/feeling at the time.

I really love the ending. Usually, after listening to a song over and over again, its power wanes. This one isn't as intense for me as it used to be but it's still great.

Yo Yo Ma playing the Bach 'Cello Suites

Brahms' Nanie

Gigue fugue for organ by Bach

The Beethoven Symphonies

The late Beethoven string quartets

The Mozart Ave Verum when well sung

...those are a few of my favorite things.
I bid NO Trump!

snow patrols "run" was comforting to me in a really rough time and I was kind of obsessed by it and later on when Leona Lewis covered it she blew it out of the water, I mean she just took that song to another level and I saw the brilliance in it again.. but songs don't make me cry, film do.

This one makes me cry when I think of friends who have passed.

I was once in the situation that Vanessa is singing about. I didn't cry then, but if I hear the song now, I will admit to tearing up.

My teens were NOT a good time for me. This song was my theme, and almost my suicide note. Thankfully, I made it through.

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

My heart will go by Celine Dion hits that soft spot every time. Doesn't make me cry but it sure does provoke some emotions.

Not me. I wish winter would come.

Here's the original.

I have many many songs that are important and/or get emotion out of me, mostly because I'm a very emotional person. By far the biggest one right now is Wicked Game, of which I've listened to the original and a cover by HIM.