Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thanks to the British Post Office
A week or so ago I ordered something on eBay from China. The package arrived today addressed to me using my first and last names and continued with "London, United Kingdom and the post code". No street name or borough. Amazingly it arrived due to the diligence of the postman who recognised my name even though I am not a permanent resident in London. So, congratulations P.O., well done!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Well done that postman! Perhaps the sender thought London was a very small place :biggrin:

Cridders88 Wrote:Well done that postman! Perhaps the sender thought London was a very small place :biggrin:

It's very stragne because something very similar happened to me quite some years ago in Spain. On that occasion a letter arrived for me (from within the city where I lived) addressed to me just by my first name and followed by the borough where I lived. No street name or post code even. I guess I was either famous or notorious! Or both!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams