Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downloading Off Internet Explorer
i use internet explorer all the time , the problem i have got is when i try to download anything it never works i have to use my firefox what could be the problem , im using windows vista aswell by the way.:frown:

I would scrap IE all together.

I shall say why, I've done a lot of research in internet security and am a full time web developer.

Most of my time building websites goes on making them compatible for Internet explorer, why i dunno.
They seem to have their own way of seeing websites, and quite frankly its a piss take the amount of money that is spent on getting it correct!

Security side, Internet Explorer is a MASSIVE target for hackers due to it popularity and large amount of vulnerabilities.

I would stick to Firefox, they've got things right which is why they are so popular.
I don't need to spend time fixing sites for Firefox because it just works, and the amount of security holes is a lot less than IE.

I say stick to Firefox or try out a multitude of browsers.
Opera, Safari and Google Chrome.
Internet Explorer in my eyes is a complete joke and I don't understand why people use it.

hi cardshark thanx for your good advice .
maria

CardShark Wrote:I would scrap IE all together.

I shall say why, I've done a lot of research in internet security and am a full time web developer.

Most of my time building websites goes on making them compatible for Internet explorer, why i dunno.
They seem to have their own way of seeing websites, and quite frankly its a piss take the amount of money that is spent on getting it correct!

Security side, Internet Explorer is a MASSIVE target for hackers due to it popularity and large amount of vulnerabilities.

I would stick to Firefox, they've got things right which is why they are so popular.
I don't need to spend time fixing sites for Firefox because it just works, and the amount of security holes is a lot less than IE.

I say stick to Firefox or try out a multitude of browsers.
Opera, Safari and Google Chrome.
Internet Explorer in my eyes is a complete joke and I don't understand why people use it.
As you said it yourself, Card, it's because it's popular and well known... Why is 80% or more of the planet using Windows???

princealbertofb Wrote:As you said it yourself, Card, it's because it's popular and well known... Why is 80% or more of the planet using Windows???

Bill Gates is a genious within marketing, his early years he released his operating system for free when 90% of computers where reliant upon his software he started charging for the upgrades.
No one cared because well you know its not too much of a price back then, but it slowly added up and now your paying £600+ for a decent copy of windoze!

I'm not complaining but if they actually did a decent job of putting together a internet browser and stripped out all the bloatware they have in the operating system I wouldn't mind.
And I'm happy to move to Mac just because when Vista came out I thought what a load of shit!
They have lost my business, and they lost my dedication a long time ago with Internet Explorer being a complete load of ...

Agreed... all the way.

Couldn't agree more CS......

I use Firefox all the time and love it, the only problem I find sometimes is when they update Firefox some websites with certain applications are a little slow to update as well and don't work with the browser

I use Google Chrome on certain websites sometimes but can't get on with Safari
Xyxthumbs

Star Twister Wrote:Couldn't agree more CS......

I use Firefox all the time and love it, the only problem I find sometimes is when they update Firefox some websites with certain applications are a little slow to update as well and don't work with the browser

I use Google Chrome on certain websites sometimes but can't get on with Safari
Xyxthumbs

Try out Opera, I've been a dedicated user of it for about 2 years now and absolutely adore it as a browser.

I don't get on with any other browser!
Google Chrome was rushed out and is very buggy.
Safari is good but I don't like browsers that come with a OS it just feels forced upon me.
Firefox too popular Roflmao = more vulnerabilities.

CardShark Wrote:Try out Opera, I've been a dedicated user of it for about 2 years now and absolutely adore it as a browser.

Will take a look fella Xyxthumbs

google chrome is good aswell i use that .