Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombfell
Well this looked like the best place to put this as it doesn't pertain to any other category but I do need advice or feedback...

So this Bombfell ad shows up on my Facebook feed. It is a company that send you clothing based on your taste and they allow you try on the clothes, keep what you want and send back the rest (within 10 days of the shipment being marked as delivered). The clothes are a little pricey and reviews seem a little mixed, some are very happy, some are meh...nothing overly negative so far....

I'll be honest I hate shopping, I hate having to try on clothes especially not knowing how many other people have tried them on. I also get annoyed with the fact that different brands fit differently while they're the same size. This is very much the case with discount outlet stores. I also generally speaking have next to no concept of style or what really goes good together... I once wore plaid shorts and striped shirt...yes that bad... So this on paper anyway sounds like a good way to get good clothes that I like and (hopefully) not worry about things not fitting or being of low quality.

Here's the catch. I'm usually pretty cheap when it comes to clothing. While for others paying $80 for pants and shirts and so on are commonplace, me I'm used to paying $20... I haven't shopped for clothes in probably a year and I really do need new clothes, some of my stuff is well worn out.

So my question is, does anyone on here use Bombfell or similar type service, what has been your experience and would you recommend giving it a try. Bombfell claims I can have clothing sent 1-3 months, can send back for free within 10 days of receiving, no other subscription fees or having to agree to buying anything other than the clothes I keep...but...Sounds almost too goo to be true.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Sounds like the deals music industry used to do. Buy 12 tapes/cd's for $1 the first month, get 2 or 3 every month after that.

Returning shit is a hassle...
If you want to dress better, there are cheaper ways to do it. Like just order what you want from Amazon. There are plenty of websites giving guidance on how to dress.

kindy64 Wrote:Returning shit is a hassle...
If you want to dress better, there are cheaper ways to do it. Like just order what you want from Amazon. There are plenty of websites giving guidance on how to dress.

Yeah that is true and honestly, $80 fucking dollars for a pair of pants is nuts. The thing I have found with brands are the sizes, so the problem I face is that I might be returning stuff anyway which is a pain. Of course I could just go shopping for clothes, but I need someone who can help me pick out crap lol. That's always been my issue is deciding on things like that...

On the size issue someone who has a 36" waist would get pants that were 40" around the waist from Old Navy... 38" from another brand an so on.... To me that's what makes shopping online a bit tricky...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Dude, I rarely pay over $5 for my pants. $13 if you include the alterations I have to take them in for about 50% of the time. Last time I paid that much for a pair of pants I was buying a quality suit. (I'm of the opinion everyone should have one quality suit, JUST in case you need it.)

Then again, a good 98% of my clothing (excluding underwear and socks) comes from places like Goodwill and Value Village. I don't care how many people have worn my clothes before I owned them. I know how to do laundry.

I normally just buy stuff from Wal-Mart or Burke's Outlet...but I hate shopping...

It's not that I have a problem with used clothes, I just don't like trying on clothes at the store because they're not clean -- who know's who's had them on and well the thought is more bothersome than the reality....

I'm more concerned with that the experience might have been for people who might have used such a service... It looks like folks get nice clothes and eh just a thought...
Check out my stuff!

[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], Don't bother with it. It is just one more way to market clothing online. The automatic shipments are a well established technique for loading you up with stuff you forget to return and will have to pay for. Taking the time to go to the website of a good company like J. C. Penney and checking out their ordering and returns policy can help solve your problem. If you like their styles then order a couple of things and try out their sizing. REI and L. L. Bean are good places to look also and they are first class mail order outfits. You will get good service. Well run companies like these will have ways to make returns east If you like a particular style or company then shop for them online. These days you will find any major retailer of clothing has a web outlet.

One practical way to deal with clothes for work is to establish a particular style that is practical for your workplace and then gradually build up a wardrobe of decent quality items that will wear well.
I bid NO Trump!

Yeah that and the cost of the clothing is pretty high too, meh just a thought... After looking more at the clothing they send out...meh I think I might do better at the mall anyway!

I'll have to make a point to do some shopping.. Work is fairly laid back, just no jeans basically (except for Friday's). I don't dress the way I did 10 years ago... T-shirts with shit that say "Beware of my Wiener" with a picture of a dachshund isn't going to work this day and age, but around the house is fine.. I just don't see the humor in that stuff going out in public.

So, I think a trip to the mall is in order...just need someone who can tell me no on things not to buy...

Anyway, the concept is neat and I can see it working for either guys who don't mind spending that kind of money or just don't care or want to put any thought into it.

However [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] you're absolutely right, these guys make their money off of people who forget and they get billed $180 to $300 on clothes they didn't want or need. That being said there are companies that put you in touch with a stylist, photos and the whole 9 yards but at a much higher premium. Anyway, stylists are a bit much for me... I'm doing good to shave...which is why I'm growing out a beard so if I forget to shave I don't look like I came out of a weekend bender..
Check out my stuff!

Axle, do you have a beard trimmer? Damned handy litle gadget!

Since I don't work during the week I just let it grow and then use the trimmer before I go out to anyplace needing to look respectable {well, whatever]. I have i set to the length I want to keep the beard and it works like a charm.

Now I am working on cutting my own hair. THAT is a moneysaver.
I bid NO Trump!

Yeah I have a beard trimmer... been trying to let it grow some but I don't like it getting too out of hand... I wish the trimmer would go a little longer. Been letting it grow for about a month now... It's a love hate thing...

I can't cut my own hair to save my life....well short of cutting it all off and I do not look good without hair... I hope I don't go bald... so far the ball is in my court... thinning hair yes, but not bald so keeping my fingers crossed.. I don't think I'd look good with a comb over either lol
Check out my stuff!

LJay Wrote:Axle, do you have a beard trimmer? Damned handy litle gadget!

Since I don't work during the week I just let it grow and then use the trimmer before I go out to anyplace needing to look respectable {well, whatever]. I have i set to the length I want to keep the beard and it works like a charm.

Now I am working on cutting my own hair. THAT is a moneysaver.

I've been cutting my own hair for years now, I like to set the 3 or 6mm settings and just go OCD on my head for 20 mins. Whenever I do cut my hair I always get comments from other people asking where I got it cut, I must do such a good job that it shows. My partner on the other hand won't let me cut his hair and will go to the hairdressers next to where he does his food shopping each month after payday. They're professionals but can't even see the amount of long hairs that they're leaving their customers with, I don't see my head when cutting my own hair and manage to have none. I'm getting a much better deal no matter which was you look at it.