Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afraid to come out.
I am a married bi man who so badly wants to tell my wife that I am bisexual. I am so frustrated!! There is always something missing. I need a man!!!! And a woman. Until that happens I will be unhappy!! Help!!!??

What do you mean you need a man? In a relationship with a man? Do you love your wife?
If your wife is a very open-minded person, you can ask for an open relationship. Then, you can have a man and a woman at the same time...
you said you're a bisexual man. Is it possible you just fall out love with your wife? If yes, tell her the truth.

Do people call that midlife crisis?

This question you're asking honestly isn't about "coming out" at all. It's about wanting to fuck other people. Lots of people struggle with that.

Bisexual doesn't mean you need both to be happy, just as heterosexual doesn't mean you need two or three or four women, or gay doesn't mean you need two or three or four men.

Bisexuals are -just- as capable of happily settling down with one partner as anyone else.

What you're craving is the exploration of something different, don't blame it on being bisexual, as it gives bisexuals a bad name. (a pet peeve of mine) I would be more inclined to tag it as either a "midlife crisis" as [MENTION=24214]MHJG[/MENTION] did, or as a "7 year itch" type of situation (which is not limited to just 7 years).

That said, here's my question. Do you think she'd accept you being bisexual? Do you think she'd accept you wanting an open relationship? Are you ready to get a divorce over this? Are you prepared to hurt your wife over this?

I don't suggest cheating, as the likelihood of getting caught is high.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:This question you're asking honestly isn't about "coming out" at all. It's about wanting to fuck other people. Lots of people struggle with that.

Bisexual doesn't mean you need both to be happy, just as heterosexual doesn't mean you need two or three or four women, or gay doesn't mean you need two or three or four men.

Bisexuals are -just- as capable of happily settling down with one partner as anyone else.

What you're craving is the exploration of something different, don't blame it on being bisexual, as it gives bisexuals a bad name. (a pet peeve of mine) I would be more inclined to tag it as either a "midlife crisis" as [MENTION=24214]MHJG[/MENTION] did, or as a "7 year itch" type of situation (which is not limited to just 7 years).

That said, here's my question. Do you think she'd accept you being bisexual? Do you think she'd accept you wanting an open relationship? Are you ready to get a divorce over this? Are you prepared to hurt your wife over this?

I don't suggest cheating, as the likelihood of getting caught is high.
Hello, [MENTION=24391]Slayman71[/MENTION] and Welcome to GaySpeak.

[MENTION=20738]TwisttheLeaf[/MENTION], how is this thread NOT about coming out? Of course it is. We have a bisexual man here, who has been thwarting his need to have a man in his life, or maybe to experience it. We all know of men who call themselves bisexual because they are married but who are in fact more probably gay at heart. This, to my mind, IS about coming out, about telling some of the truth that has been hidden all these years. So, please don't dismiss it as NOT coming out. There will come a time when that truth will have to be known. And yes, it may have something to do with wanting to have sex with someone else, but it may simply be that at 45, he's been there and done that in the heterosexual encounters sphere, and now needs to see what it's like on the other side. We don't have much of a history for this new person and it's difficult to know whether he has any experience of same sex relations or intercourse.

I think [MENTION=24391]Slayman71[/MENTION] just needs to tell us more about his situation. Only then can our advice help.