Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News
I think you remember my story. It was about a friend of mine who hasn't spoken to me for a year and a half because I commented on his lateness on picking me up when it was cold outside. Well, I sent him a birthday card this month and today he actually called me to thank me for it. So I subtly said to him that it has been a long time and what had he been up to.So he proceeded to tell me about things that went on with his friends and stuff and I told him about what was going on in my life. We spoke for about an hour and I mentioned in conversation that I use the Uber service and we ended off by him saying to call him when I wanted to get together and once in awhile he would come down by me.But we reconciled and I'm really happy about it. Funny thing is that neither one of us brought up the reason why we didn't speak all this time. Maybe we both felt awkward and it's understood that we're putting this behind us. I don't know. He said he's helping take care of some of his friends that are sick and he feels one of them is taking advantage. Other than that it looks like we're back on track.Can you believe this!!

Next to love, the reunion between two long-lost friends is the best. Please please please do keep in touch with him.
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

Glad this had a positive outcome, hopefully the friendship continues to rebuild Smile

Thanks for posting some good news.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Awesome news! Elefant

And yes, I can believe it. In these situations, where two people have had a misunderstanding, SOMEONE has to make the first move. It sounds like he felt badly about it too, and missed you as well. You were the one who was brave enough to make the move, and I'm glad it turned out so well.

As for what he said about someone taking advantage of him, I wouldn't read too much into that. I actually think this whole thing has given you some valuable insight into this guy, and you can make the effort to keep your friendship on an even level. People have their quirks, but it's worth overlooking them if the friendship is valuable to you.

Thanks guys, sometimes it's worth the effort.I had nothing to lose.

I appreciate this post a lot...often, we only hear about the issue and never know how it worked out. ..and the fact that this is good news makes it even better!

I am so glad it's good news!
An eye for an eye

glad it was good news for you!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Feel happy for you and it lights up my day also Big Grin thanks for updating this