Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best online dating sites
I just deleted grinder . Everyone is just looking for hookups , reminds me of Craigslist. I'm interested in something more than that. Any suggestions on online sites , where there may be guys looking for something other than a one night stand. Thanks in advance

Chuck Wrote:I just deleted grinder . Everyone is just looking for hookups , reminds me of Craigslist. I'm interested in something more than that. Any suggestions on online sites , where there may be guys looking for something other than a one night stand. Thanks in advance

Ah, yes well here is this list of 100%, totally for sure no games dating sites for gay men:

==============

Mind this has been extensively researched and beta tested by myself and others.

The only online free dating site I tried where it wasn't 100% sex on a city drama was OKCupid. But it too has its flaws, sadly every Gay Male Dating site rapidly degrades to sex on a cracker or Murderlist or whatever.... :redface:

Planet Romeo has the option "Search friends only" or something like this, if I'm not mistaking.

sillyboy86 Wrote:Planet Romeo has the option "Search friends only" or something like this, if I'm not mistaking.

If I was there I would pretend to be your friend, then engage you and bring you to surrender yourself to me so I could ravage you and then dump you... See I's a player and I's proud of it and some stupid website ain't gonna break my habits....

Mind I'm not that way, I just used the first person for emphasis on how guys think.

You can join in a local gay community via "Meetup" though I haven't tried that yet.
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

Chuck Wrote:I just deleted grinder . Everyone is just looking for hookups , reminds me of Craigslist. I'm interested in something more than that. Any suggestions on online sites , where there may be guys looking for something other than a one night stand. Thanks in advance
Hey, what you don't say is what it is you're looking for.

Grindr IS a hookup app. There's no getting around it. That's the beauty of it and the curse. It's a meat market.

Now another similar but much more 'networking' oriented app/site (you can access it online via your browser, which you can't with Grindr) is Hornet. I've been on Hornet for several years and have made quite a few friends through it. You just have to be careful. There a LOT of fakes, catfish and gold diggers. If you need guidance on how to detect them, I'll happily help you out. I get several banned per week.

Another one I like is Daddy Hunt. Like Hornet, it is both an app and has a web interface. It's mostly set up for younger/older but not exclusively so. They have three categories or "tribes" you can identify with: Hunter (mostly looking for older); Mister (mostly looking for near their own age); and Daddy (mostly looking for younger).

My experiences with it so far have been pretty good.

If you're new to dating sites and apps, there is a LOT to learn about them and how guys use them these days. LOL... I was sitting naked in my living room with a 21 year old jock (after having been fucking around with him for a couple hours). We were just hanging out on the couch and he ha his phone out and was on Grindr (where we'd met)... and I was watching how he used it. AMAZING!! It was like he was playing a video game. He doesn't live in my neighborhood (and has a hot profile pic) so he was showing up here... and was getting lots of messages. So he just flipped through them: Yes, no, yes, no... chat with this one, block that one, flip, flip, flip.

It was cold as ice. He chatted with some of them and little by little narrowed it down to two guys to which he told this outrageous story about he was in town visiting his uncle (with whom he was having an incestuous relationship). Long story short, next thing I knew, we were having a threeway.

My point being, lots of young gay guys are just into sex. If you're looking for something more, then you need to be clear in yourself about what you really want. THEN, you need to be honest about that with whoever you're in contact with. Hornet and DH are possibly good choices for that.
[-] The following 2 members Like MikeW's post:
  • ChadCoxRox, pastmyprime

Grindr is a hookup site. "Grindr" being a reference to friction, probably of the sexual variety.

OKCupid seems to work fine for me. Have met three guys off it so far.
The site allows users to set on their profile what they're looking for, so as long as users are honest, you should be able to avoid the users that are only looking for sex.

Good luck.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so
[-] The following 1 member Likes Genersis's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

They are all crap in my opinion, but I do sometimes use plenty of fish with varying results.
[-] The following 1 member Likes artyboy's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

[SIZE="4"]For what it's worth here's my pennys worth.

Grindr is a meat market and PlanetRomeo is less aggressive but people don't read the profiles. My profile was fairly extensive and outlined what I was looking for and asked people not to message me if they lived outside my area and not just to say "Hi". I received quite a few messages, many from Africa and most of them just saying "Hi". One even said "Hi, how's the weather were you are?" WTF? I gave up.[/SIZE]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:[SIZE="4"]For what it's worth here's my pennys worth.

Grindr is a meat market and PlanetRomeo is less aggressive but people don't read the profiles. My profile was fairly extensive and outlined what I was looking for and asked people not to message me if they lived outside my area and not just to say "Hi". I received quite a few messages, many from Africa and most of them just saying "Hi". I gave up.[/SIZE]

"Hi"

Tongue