Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockdown Achievements
As the title states.. 

Countries around the world have been lockdown - and we all seem to have been impacted. 

So with that in mind, what have you been able to achieve if anything? 

For example I've actually had time to get into some books I've been meaning to read, and finally sort some of the mountain of clothing I've had to go through. 

Now the UK lockdown has been extended by a further 3 weeks I think I might upcycle a cupboard I've been meaning to get around to!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I have managed to clean most of the house. Do some more writing and also have read a couple books. I think next on my agenda is to clean out the garage.
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]
[-] The following 1 member Likes Meebs's post:
  • Mark

Since I’m still recovering from surgery I consider getting better my prime achievement, otherwise I’ve read a couple of books, watched season 3 of Babylon Berlin on Netflix and a few movies and started baking occasionally.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • Mark

I've managed to give the apartment a complete spring cleaning, complete with taking down curtains, blinds, and moving furniture.

I've also committed to exercising at least 45 minutes a day (sometimes 90, 45 twice) and I've lost almost 15 pounds in 26 days.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Mark

(04-17-2020, 01:31 AM)Meebs Wrote: I have managed to clean most of the house. Do some more writing and also have read a couple books. I think next on my agenda is to clean out the garage.

Much to clean out in the garage?!

(04-17-2020, 02:08 AM)Bhp91126 Wrote: Since I’m still recovering from surgery I consider getting better my prime achievement, otherwise I’ve read a couple of books, watched season 3 of Babylon Berlin on Netflix and a few movies and started baking occasionally.

What sort of things do you like to bake? Also I think recovery is a pretty good achievement to make.

(04-17-2020, 04:23 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: I've also committed to exercising at least 45 minutes a day (sometimes 90, 45 twice) and I've lost almost 15 pounds in 26 days.

Damn - congrats on that! What sorta routine do you do?!
[/COLOR]
[-] The following 1 member Likes Mark's post:
  • Bhp91126

I am pleased to have managed a few things, such as ...
  • writing and publishing a number of blog essays including some I've been putting off writing for years;
  • finishing a couple of songs that have been sitting round for ages;
  • learning one of the new songs;
  • updating some music software and got some hardware out of storage and on to the boat to work out how to record again using this updated system and the new plug-ins (I've been recording using a professional studio recently, but I want to get back to doing more on my own as I used to do until ten years ago);
  • breaking the back on getting my accounts books sorted for 2019-2020 - normally I don't let the admin slide like I have this year, so it has felt like the sword of Damocles has been swinging over my head.
However I have not
  • finished hundreds of the unfinished songs and other compositions;
  • taken advantage of the good weather to touch up the scratches in the paintwork on the outside of the boat;
  • revarnished any of the interior woodwork inside that could really do with it;
  • located, ordered and fitted any of the three parts I need to get the engine running smoothly and get ready for when I can get out and about again;
Unfortunately at present I can't
  • make arrangements to get the boat out of the water for reblacking (it is due to be done this year) until the boat yard and slipway is reopened for business or the camp site next door to the boatyard is reopened so I have somewhere to live for the four or five days it takes to do the job.
Win some, lose some I suppose!  Dodgy

(04-17-2020, 12:10 PM)Mark Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 01:31 AM)Meebs Wrote: I have managed to clean most of the house. Do some more writing and also have read a couple books. I think next on my agenda is to clean out the garage.

Much to clean out in the garage?!

(04-17-2020, 02:08 AM)Bhp91126 Wrote: Since I’m still recovering from surgery I consider getting better my prime achievement, otherwise I’ve read a couple of books, watched season 3 of Babylon Berlin on Netflix and a few movies and started baking occasionally.

What sort of things do you like to bake? Also I think recovery is a pretty good achievement to make.

Just some easy stuff to satisfy my sweet teeth (!) like rum cake or blondies.
(04-17-2020, 04:23 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: I've also committed to exercising at least 45 minutes a day (sometimes 90, 45 twice) and I've lost almost 15 pounds in 26 days.

Damn - congrats on that! What sorta routine do you do?!
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

(04-17-2020, 08:50 PM)Bhp91126 Wrote: Damn - congrats on that! What sorta routine do you do?!

It's a cardio series that is pretty easy to follow called "Walk Away the Pounds". They're hosted by Leslie Sansone, and she has quite a few varieties posted on YouTube.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

@CellarDweller Sounds like I ought to get on the bandwagon. My treadmill broke...rather the the safety switch went missing. So, yeah.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Today I spent a lot of money on items I don't really need - some were for my sister and her unborn child! So it wasn't completely selfish.
[/COLOR]