Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England - 2nd COVID Lockdown from Thursday 5th November! :(
Well it was kinda inevitable given the numbers... a month-long lockdown from Thursday, Boris Johnson has announced.

Until 2 December, people in England will only be allowed to leave their homes for specific reasons, such as education, work or food shopping.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I wonder how many people will follow the rules this  time round. Attitudes have changed a great deal since the first lockdown.

(10-31-2020, 09:18 PM)andy Wrote: Well it was kinda inevitable given the numbers... a month-long lockdown from Thursday, Boris Johnson has announced.

Until 2 December, people in England will only be allowed to leave their homes for specific reasons, such as education, work or food shopping.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Well, that puts an end to the theatre I had booked, the art galleries I had wanted to visit.  About Christmas, I personally couldn't care less but it's going to affect the plans of very many people.   The sooner tha people realise thatt we are going through a life changing experience, the sooner we will get through this but it needs the cooperation of everyone. 

Unfortunately there are stilll some people who believe that COVID-19 is a hoax.  I saw on the news the other day some stupid woman who has 40,000 followers on YouTube, who, like some Americans, believe that it is a means for the Government to take control of our lives and advocates the non-wearing of masks because they take away our civil liberties!

Boris Johnson is not quite as bad as Trump but his dithering and changes of mind have cost the lives of many thousands of people.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

(11-01-2020, 10:47 AM)Cridders88 Wrote: I wonder how many people will follow the rules this  time round. Attitudes have changed a great deal since the first lockdown.

Hi Si, I know... hopefully they will treat it more seriously this time round as don't want it to be extended and last even longer!

(11-01-2020, 11:34 AM)LONDONER Wrote: Boris Johnson is not quite as bad as Trump but his dithering and changes of mind have cost the lives of many thousands of people.

Hear hear Simon, completely agree! That's pants about your cancelled theatre bookings etc. though! Sad

There's a lot of disinformation being put out there... makes you wonder what their agenda is in the first place! I think The Donald spreading it onto a lot of the White House staff when he had it was proof enough about the necessity of wearing a mask.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all regarding the lockdown. I hope it's a brief one, and that people follow the rules.

I wonder if we're going to be having the same situation here, the US numbers are raging, but Tuesday is our election day, so I'm sure if anything were to happen, it wouldn't be until after the election results are determined.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hi Chuck,

Thanks... yeah, praying it will just be for a month but something deep down tells me they will be extend it until after Xmas to try and break the curve! Sad

OMG forgot your election day is on Tuesday... THE SUSPENCE! Wink Do you think the recent polls are accurate?

Yeah, they will definitely wait until after it's finished before making any announcements.

(11-01-2020, 04:30 PM)andy Wrote: OMG forgot your election day is on Tuesday... THE SUSPENCE! Wink Do you think the recent polls are accurate?

Yeah, they will definitely wait until after it's finished before making any announcements.

I don't know, I am PRAYING that they are. Trump is an asshole and needs to go. One thing that concerns me was that our polls in the last election pointed to Hillary winning, but we all know how that went. However, this time, apparently Biden's leads are bigger than hers were.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • andy

[Image: 3ri2k3.jpg]

@CellarDweller I do think there is something to be said about voter turnout... Not sure if it is a good or bad thing but turnout is supposed to be higher than in the last 100 years about 65% of the total population will vote compared to the 55% from the 2016 election. Texas has had more people cast their vote than the total ballots counted in the 2016 election already so hopefully that favors Biden. I still can't quite wrap my head around how anyone could with a clear conscience vote for Trump, or rather how anyone could justify it despite what their political positions are or what their religious beliefs are.

That being said, Trump won several states by less than 1%... so it won't take much for him to lose those states. COVID 19 could not have possibly helped Trump since his handling of the pandemic was a joke. States like Georgia and Texas to some extent are considered battleground states which I found interesting. I mean he's had to have lost support if Texas isn't a sure thing to go red...it probably will. At any rate I am ready for this election to be over with and hopefully 2020 will end with Trump being out of office.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

I also hope Biden wins for a change...

I cannot believe how many Trump supporters there are around me...some of them are even descendants of immagrants in the US....

And there are tons of Trump supporters in Hong Kong...solely because he has a strong stand against China...  Confused