Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Sinatra
Is there anyone else out there that is as big a Sanatra fan as me?? I love his music and know so many of his songs of by heart!!

xx

i have a rat pack cd and i honestly dont know how i got it - it has frank, samy davis jr, and dean martin, one cd is there own stuff and the other is christmas songs which probg why i have it now i think cos i like a good feel good christmas song, cant say i know many sinatra songs though

just remembered a great song by franky i like - the girl from ipenima...its class,plus it has a bit of special meaning to me so thats why i like it

I think Michael Buble is fantastic personally, a few sinatra songs I don't like but something like the classic foggy day I love.

Ipanema, as in Praya de Ipanema one of Rio's long white-sandy beaches... The Girl from Ipanema (Garota de Ipanema in Portuguese) was composed by Brazilian Bossa Nova composer Antonio Carlos Jobim the author of many a lovely tune (and now practically all standards)... Thought you'd like to know.

matty7 Wrote:just remembered a great song by franky i like - the girl from ipenima...its class,plus it has a bit of special meaning to me so thats why i like it

So what special meaning would that be? Can you share?

Btw, I quite like Frank Sinatra too... He worked with a great band conducted by Nelson Riddle (methinks?)

Well just for you matty i went and found this, Its Frank and Antonio Carlos Jobim singing The Girl From Ipanema. xx

Well thanks Bazzz.... this has a buzzz to it. Rainote Rainote Rainote Wink

Although I wouldn't say I love him, I do have one of his greatest hits collection albums... He definitely sang some classics...