Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coming out to my mom
so it was christmas eve 2008. my parents just got into a big fight about idk what...it's not important. anyway, my mom was driving my siblings and i to my auntie's house where we were having the family christmas party.

she turns to me and asks if i'm planning to go to church on christmas and i tell her no, due to a difference in my beliefs and she flat out asks me if i'm gay...i explain the situation and she tells me she loves me either way because that's how god made me.

soooooo a few months later i asked her how she'd feel if i went and got a boyfriend and she basically told me she loved me for who i am but that she doesn't want me to have boyfriend. she doubled back and told me it was okay as long as i don't call him my boyfriend and she doesn't know about it.

since then i like to mess with her. not too long ago i asked her how she'd feel if i started dating a 28 year old...here's how the conversation went...

me: ma, how would you feel if i started dating a 28 year old? (i was 19 at the time)
mom: no!...wait is it a woman?
me: no...
mom: then no!
me: what if it was a korean doctor? (my mom has a thing for koreans and what mother wouldn't want their kid with a doctor?)
mom: no!
me: but you like korean men!
mom: i like korean men for me! not for you!

hahah - since coming out my mom it amuses me how easy it is to mess with her. her reactions are always so hilarious to me. ^_^ - i'm horrible lol

Haha, my mother wants me to marry a jewish doctor. She has this obsession with them every since her OBGYN was jewish and his wife's mother had a Lambourgini.

It seems like you are making the best out of the situation and it's wonderful you are keeping a good sense of humor about it. Keep it up and good luck Smile

thanks. lol it helps that my dad doesn't care either which way as long as im happy

[COLOR="Purple"]my dad is the same... my mom is not like yours. your lucky Cry at least you get to mess with her.

I know my mom would love the guy I want to marry but behind my back she would be doing her best voodoo idiot christian dance Disoriented [/COLOR]

My parents were great when I came out. The only crazy thing is that now my mom has become a lot like Debbie Novotny from the Showtime series 'Queer as Folk'. She is waving rainbow flags and trying to drag me to Pride events lol, she even had the whole family join PFLAG. My dad is cool as well, but now he finds this sudden urge to protect my "purity" he treats every guy I bring by the house (gay or straight) like a criminal he has to interrogate, it's kinda amusing. He thinks he can stop them from violating his only son (little does he know that that time has long past). He means well though. The only issue in my family has been my grandmother on my dad's side. She tried to send me to scared straight camp. My mom called her a stupid f*cking homophobe and slapped her. It was the best day of my life lol.

haha you guys' stories are awesome, i wish i was out to my parents :frown: but it's just not the right time for that right now. i can only hope mine are accepting as well.

OMG, Debbie Novotny, one of Sharon Gless' best ever roles Xyxthumbs ... but to have a mum like her ... I don't know if I could cope Rainote Actually, I never got to talk to my mum about being gay before she died. However, PA's mum is amazing in a kind of conspiratorial way. We were in the supermarket one day and she picked an A4 ring-binder bearing a picture of a barely-decent, muscled French rugby player and gave me a huge grin. Most unexpected from a fervent believer and regular church-goer. She also sends through all kinds of news clippings and links to obscure websites reporting on real life gay issues.

Thanks for sharing these stories though. Great! Respect

welldone telling your mum i told my mum her said it is ok not mind aswel i she aredy newn relly.gased im am very lucky meInvasion Coffee Coffee

Yes, Joseph, very true. Some people have very sad stories to tell, so it nice to hear good stories. Confusedmile:

I actually told my sister first before anyone, shes 3 years younger and I was 18 and I told her and she was proper class over it. Then when me and my sister and mam had just got back in the house, I told her this was about a month after my sister had knew. My dad found out later that day, they were all great I guess when your a relatively young family its easier to accept than some older people.

My grandad keeps saying you dont know cause ive never done owt with a lass but you do know. All my family and friends are great with it though and you get some banter bowt it but its all gd natured. Even 1 of the teams who I referee know as they have seen my fb and there kwl with it. I really dont think that its much of a problem in the main despite that you do get the odd sad unintellectual people are just a waste of space, like that poor trainee policeman who got attaked because of it. Its sad it still happens but in the main I dont think people have a problem as long as you respect others and dont do it in str8 peoples faces.