Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falling inlove online?
Do any of you think it's possible to fall inlove with someone online, and then if you start talking on the phone really like them? And suppose you started seeing each other by cam (skype or something) would you let yourself fall inlove?

What if they lived in another country? WOuld you consider moving there?

Yes, yes, perhaps and yes.

PA and I met through a discussion forum a bit like this one and wrote to each other for months as penfriends before we spoke on the phone and eventually met. I think he fell for me early on, but it took me longer to trust my feelings, his feelings and then learn to love him.

I have considered moving to France, but I enjoy the work I do in England, quite a lot of which is not available in France. Our arrangement is that I block out the second week of each month to be with him as well as longer periods when paid work is either not forthcoming or unlikely. I think we have to work harder at keeping the relationship alive, but it feels like we've enjoyed a six-year honeymoon ... although PA would probably tell you it was nearer seven Wink

I think you fall in love with who you think you have met on-line. Until you have spend a fair amount of time with someone in person, I don't think that you really know them, so you can't be in love with who they really are. That's not to say that when you really get to know them you necessarily will or will not be still in love with them.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Fred's right, as usual. Meeting for the first time could be a huge thrill or a huge disappointment. He could easily be shorter/taller, have an annoying giggle, crooked teeth, smell funny or not meet your hopes and expectations in any one or more of several ways ... none of which would necessarily show up in an on-line relationship.

So ... who are you tilting your hat at, GG33? Wink

I can, without a doubt answer yes to that. I met Matty on this very forum. I thought there was summit about him, we talked for months, then we started speaking on msn and cam, them we met. And now we have been together for a few months and i am the happiest i have been in my entire life.

I stopped looking for love, and love found me......

Aww that's nice to hear that it can work out.
Right now I don't think I am inlove with anyone but I wish I was and maybe some day.

It kind of sucks because by now, I wish I had a man (husband), legally married, which it is legal to marry in Mass., so I feel kind of left out.

I did fall inlove with someone online when I was 21 but we lived too far apart. I didn't know how to upload pics yet and we exchanged pics through snail mail lol. We chatted online for a month or so.

That's a nice set up marsh! Do youi call him Pa in real life? Are those his initials? That's neat Alba. You all are lucky.

[COLOR="Purple"]I think it happens every day.
It can be an amazing thing or a horror.
I dont know if it is any diff than dating in person.
My sis married R and after a couple years discovered he was faking a large portion of his life.

One thing I do think is a positive is that the internet is making the world much much smaller.[/COLOR]

I fell in love with Brad Pitt the moment I saw him – well, at least I saw him and you don't necessarily even get that far on line, so I think my love affair with Brad Pitt is as valid as any on-line affair. Falling in love can mean a whole load of things. Meeting on-line is a very useful way to meet first time because it's easy. But it's also easy to fake stuff on-line. Even over the phone it's not that difficult to fake things. A face to face meeting is essential to flesh out the picture a bit. Then maybe start doing stuff together and after that plan a holiday together. Living abroad is not always so easy, as Marshie says. Getting a job can be a major problem. It's easier if you speak the same language as they do in your adopted country but that's only a part of it. Cultural and other social differences can be an obstacle too. I would certainly move abroad for the right man but you need to do your your homework first, so that you are fairly sure that you know what you are letting yourself in for. Having said that, living abroad can be a very stimulating and enriching experience.

gaygay33 Wrote:... That's a nice set up marsh! Do youi call him Pa in real life? Are those his initials? ...
Thank you, gg33. No, in real life I use his real name, his preferred and accepted diminutive of it, or a more general term of endearment. PA is just shorter than writing his user name on here - princealbertofb is a tad long to write in full in this informal exchange for a lazy person such as me! He prefers his privacy on here, so I try to respect that.

And he does respect that, thank you sweetie pie... that's another term of endearment ... hehehe the divine Miss M is just up!!! lol