Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bangladesh I saw... (Part 1/3)
I went to Bangladesh for 5 days and this is what I saw.

[Image: 001.jpg]

Rickshaws. Millions of them. There are more rickshaws than there are people. So it seems.
The traffic in Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh, is chaos at its best. No rules. From point A to point B, just go.
When we were sitting in the car, scared shitless by all sorts of 'vehicles' coming towards you from all direction, I thought it was a miracle that these rickshaws weren't actually hitting each other. In fact, I've not seen any road accident the whole time I was in Bangladesh.
The drive so close to each other, you can hear their breath from the other car.

[Image: 042.jpg]

The passenger door can be locked and opened only from the driver's seat. I know it's crazy, but that's how it is.
Some Japanese business dude I met, he said he would never get on the rickshaw because he's been told that the drivers will pull a gun on you.
I said bull shit...

[Image: 002.jpg]

There were lots of weird things in Bangladesh... and carrying a huge basketful of stuff on your head wasn't the weirdest thing...

[Image: 003.jpg]

I've never liked cricket but now that I've seen them play EVEYRWHERE in Bangladesh, I think I can see the beauty of it, although only slightly...
But I think in the future, GOLF will gain interest and the love of the people... While I was there, there was some sort of regional Olympics, and Bangladesh won TWO GOLD MEDALS from GOLF!!
It was a big news in Bangladesh...
I actually met the golfers who won the gold medals coz we stayed at the same hotel...
Right after they won the first gold medal, I asked the front desk to introduce me to them, and while I was asking the front desk, the golfer was standing right next to me!
He was so freaking thrilled... He beamed with pride and joy... introduced himself as the golfer who won the gold, and took me to their dinner table, where other team mates and their coach were having a light meal.
I collected all their autographs, and one guy laughed and said this must be the first time anyone ever asked for their autograph.
Lol...
So I told them...
"One of these days, at least one of you will become famous. And I already have your autograph! Thanks!"
They laughed...
I wished them good luck... and the next day, the went out and swept all THREE medals, GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE.
Historical moment for the history of Bangladeshi golf...
No. I'm not going to show you their autographs... they are personal. :-)

[Image: 004.jpg]

The people in Bangladesh are friendly and very approachable. You just smile, and they smile ten times bigger. They are so eager to be noticed. They love it when someone pays attention to them.
The above are the Bangladesh Street Boys. Someday they're going to make a platinum hit.

[Image: 005.jpg]

These are Bangladeshi soldiers. Very cool.

[Image: 006.jpg]

Streets of Bangladesh...

[Image: 007.jpg]

To tell you the truth, it isn't the prettiest place in the world...

[Image: 008.jpg]

It's got Korean restaurants... this one in particular is actually North Korean restaurants...

[Image: 009.jpg]

Their taxis got really nice color. Since the streets of Dhaka is pretty much colorless, the blue really stands out.

[Image: 010.jpg]

This guy is trying really hard to add some color to the city.

[Image: 011.jpg]

Their rivers are black. It's actually black. It's not the reflection or my camera, the real color of the river is BLACK.

[Image: 012.jpg]

But sometimes they have green parks...

[Image: 013.jpg]

A typical street...

End of part 1.