Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mommy, mommy, I wanna be a homophobe...!
I wish I could be a homophobe so bad because I wouldn't feel left out when all the other guys down at the hunting lodge are crackin' jokes about "Why'd the fagot cross the road?"...

When I hear stuff like that, I have to smile but not because I think the joke is funny. It's hilarious when I hear a grown man laughing his ass off about a 'Crossing the road' joke but I'm not saying that I'm gay either. I'm actually a straight men who used to be bi curious and who doesn't have much inhibition. In other words, there isn't much that embarrasses me but, on the same token, I can admit that men do nothing for me in the sexual arousal department...

No, you can't call me a homophobe either because I've had sex with two men and sure, it felt good to have a dick up my ass but that's as far as it went. I mean, there are some girls that I've had sex with and every time I think about all the times we were together, my dick starts to have a little more blood pulse through it but not when I think about any men...

I know there are some pretty ridiculous people in this world who get crazy about seeing two men hug or kiss and I have very little respect for those people but I'm not sure I like how some gay people act either...

I have a question for all the gay men on this site, "How do you feel about other gay men who do stupid or foolish things just to stand out?"...

You WISH you could be a Homophobe just so you can fit in with the others and laugh at their jokes? You actually wish to hate against people for being Gay just so you don't feel left out? Can I ask why? You are 33 year's old, not some teenager who craves "acceptance". You should be mature enough not to follow the rest of the crowd but follow what you know is right.

You say you aren't sure you like how some gay people act? In what way? For Gay person who acts like an idiot, you can bet there is also a straight person who also acts like an idiot too.

"How do you feel about other gay men who do stupid or foolish things to stand out?" No different than I would feel about straight men who do stupid and foolish things to stand out.

Same here , there are idiots , no matter what sexuality they are . Likewise there will always be jokes told about gays , essex girls , irish men , black people etc etc . Anybody different someone always takes a pop by telling a joke . To be honest i dont take jokes that seriously . People tend to joke about situations they just dont understand. I bet if the guys telling the jokes found out that a close family relative was gay for example , i wonder how many of them would be homophobes? What u might find it that many guys go along with their mates no matter what their views are . the fear of sticking out from the croud makes them join in

MysteriousBoy Wrote:You WISH you could be a Homophobe just so you can fit in with the others and laugh at their jokes? You actually wish to hate against people for being Gay just so you don't feel left out? Can I ask why?

Like, are you serious? You can't hear my sarcasm? You really believe I want to be a Homophobe? Come on man, give me a little credit here...!

Michele

Call me serious, but I hate it when people do stupid silly things, Maybe because i was bullied.
Does that awnser your question?Rolleyes
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

***smile*** Ok Genersis, I thought I was gonna have to break out the big guns in an all-out dispute but thankfully, that's not the case...

Anything you said that could have been taken as offensive is now forgiven and everything is back in order...

I'm sorry to hear you were bullied but I'll have you know that I was the top-jock on my high school's football team and whenever I would see one of the wanna-bes on the team picking on anyone for being different, I would always stand up for the small people. That was just my way and I hadn't even realized that I should have been a little girl when I was born at that time...

Hopeful Michelle Wrote:I know there are some pretty ridiculous people in this world who get crazy about seeing two men hug or kiss and I have very little respect for those people but I'm not sure I like how some gay people act either...

I have a question for all the gay men on this site, "How do you feel about other gay men who do stupid or foolish things just to stand out?"...

There is no difference between gay people who do "stupid or foolish things" to stand out versus STRAIGHT PEOPLE who do "stupid or foolish things" to stand out except there are a helluva lot MORE straight people who behave this way.

When I hear the rationalization that gay people are trying to shove their "gayness" on others...I have to chuckle because every single gay person through society and religion and family has had straightness shoved on them from day one.

I remember I went to a GSU meeting in college and the President in the course of the meeting gave a talk on "image"...and how drag queens and effeminate men were "harmful" to our struggle. This was the late 70s and something he said infuritated me and I am not a drag queen nor am I effeminate but IMO it was an example of a simple sociological principle...sometimes oppressed groups of people will oppreess each other in order to get the approval of the the original oppressors....effectively doing the work of the original oppressors. I don't want any part of it. People are individuals...period.

Yes Lily,

I agree. People are people and I can't figure out why so many of them think they're better than everyone else. I grew up with everyone thinking I'm a straight guy but in all reality, I'm a lesbian woman and if you have trouble understanding why people have a hard time believing that, just think about what went through your head when you just read that...

Yes, I believe I should have been a girl when I was born but no, I have no plans of totally destroying the great body (even though it's a guy's body) He blessed me with by having a sex change. I suppose I'll live out the rest of my days as a man, even though I know I'm a woman on the inside - a very sexy & beautiful woman too...!

Hopeful Michelle Wrote:Yes Lily,

I agree. People are people and I can't figure out why so many of them think they're better than everyone else. I grew up with everyone thinking I'm a straight guy but in all reality, I'm a lesbian woman and if you have trouble understanding why people have a hard time believing that, just think about what went through your head when you just read that...

Actually I understand it perfectly. I have known transexuals and actually had a transexual roomate when I was in my early 20s and met many others. I have a Female to Male friend who visits me at my store almost every day and although she likes women she only likes straight women...unlike her friend who is also F to M who decided she is a gay man now...Two of my bar customers years ago were two men who were going through the change and they became lesbian lovers afterward...as I said everyone is an individual.

Sometimes it does feel like it would be easier to be a homophobe, racist, and all these other hateful things because you would "fit" in and never feel awkward or like strangling random people who just don't get how hateful they are, but when you are part of a minority that hasn't fully been accepted by society, living an "easy" life just isn't part of the deal.

I'm trying to accept that. I don't want to live my life being angry or hateful. I just want to accept that unfortunately I was born in a time and day when who I am still isn't accepted by a lot of people, but maybe in the future, for my kids (because, I do want to have kids), they can live in a better, more accepting place.