Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tout est Dieu.
A mere observation on my part.

In my constant study of human beings in the context of their personal beliefs, and indeed the intricate structures of religion, I can see only connections. In my own "spiritual" (though I actually prefer "existential") journey, I have tapped into these connections in the context of my own constantly forming beliefs.

Though window-dressed (sometimes to a fault, such as hypocrisy) with rituals and indeed paradoxes/contradictions, we are met with the roots of beliefs as resounding with the teachings of the preservation of humanity, and indeed the Earth it inhabits. A twist on evolution and survival of the fittest if you will, with a bit of abstraction for open-minded measure.

What I think (and indeed, thinking is all I'm really good for), is that we are past the division of the spiritual and the physical. We now understand things that those before us could never have comprehended about our Universe. We have stumbled like archaeologists through our discovery of this world and its laws, shedding the layers bit by bit. We are a part of this existence. Do we have responsibility? I think not, but in the interest of the preservation of our kind (which is in turn affected by the preservation of other kinds such as animals and plants) in the effort to survive and to further evolve, the invention of responsibility for our actions is key. All ideas are separate from reality until put forth by the extraordinary power of our minds and resolve, and society is the tool we have shaped.

I think of this Universe as a body, or even a great Man O' War (a jellyfish-like forest of different organisms comprised as a single somewhat conscious unit), and we are whatever we make ourselves to be, whether white blood cells or a poison. We are part of this living Universe, this "God(dess)", which in turn is comprised of all other things separate from us.

Tout est Dieu. All is God.

I dunno why, I just felt the need to type this out right now. Might as well share it with all of you I guess. Tongue

That's clever thinking... if I understood you.

Deep thinking is always welcome!:biggrin:
As i am guilty of it myself.Wink
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Quote:we are whatever we make ourselves to be

Absolutely.

Quote:We are part of this living Universe, this "God(dess)", which in turn is comprised of all other things separate from us.
I don't believe that, in truth, we are seperate from anything - because, yes, we are part of everything and everything is part of us.
Quote:All is God
<< totally.

As you say, we are now past the idea that physical is divided from spiritual. We are gradually coming to an understanding that everything is connected and there is more to life than what we see in front of us. But because of this, I think we DO have a responsibility... that is, to continue experiencing ourselves as we do to contribute towards the experience of everything.

And despite my lack of in-depth knowledge of religions, there does appear to be one simple and basic truth that resonates through religion... as you put it - the preservation of Self, whether that Self is our individual selves, or humanity as a whole, or our planet.

Albeit this truth is twisted and distorted to suit the egos of some individuals, it can be seen in such examples as that of Christianity's insistance that homosexuality "destroys families". Ok, we know that homosexuality does NOT destroy families and we know that this belief ITSELF is destructive... BUT look at the key idea behind this belief...the need to PRESERVE families.

This kind of echoes what I was talking to a friend about last night after a night of raving... essentially, we are all LOVE. Love survives, expands and grows. And in the most truthful and deep part of our consciousness we all just want Love. Because that is what we are. When we experience a lack of love, we experience being apart from what we truly are - which is when problems begin to happen.

I have to go shopping now, so forgive me if my response seems to be cut short or unfinished...I don't have time to quickly read over what I have written so I may add more later if it is incomplete.

I only believe in things that are disprovable.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

rsconceptions Wrote:I don't believe that, in truth, we are seperate from anything - because, yes, we are part of everything and everything is part of us. << totally.

Oh you're right, sorry, I didn;t phrase that particular part as well as I should have.

I kinda got into the whole love-is-everything for a while, but I think that love is just one part of the spectrum. Hate is as much a part of the Universe. As is happiness, sadness, frogs, LED screen TVs and atoms. Smile

In my belief, Hate is part of the human illusion - in truth, such negative energies don't TRULY exist - it is just a part of Love. As people say, hate and love are not so seperate - they can invoke one another. This universe is an illusion, a chance for "energy" to experience itself in many different ways...including hate.

fredv3b Wrote:I only believe in things that are disprovable.
I agree, Fred. Marxism and religion are beyond proof or disproof. Why is everyone else writing in Chinese in this thread?
Gott ist tot.