Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mamma Mia
Anyone else been to see it?

Saw it a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty damn good. Was the first and still the only musical theatre I've gone to see.

ooooo.. i want to.. i love abba, and a musical based on them, im all for it! though i havent heard anything recently about shows being played around here, there were a while ago.. but not yet.. ill have to keep my ears/eyes/ mouth open haha

Not seen it yet either but it's meant to be coming to Glasgow in April 08.
Also heard they're making a movie version of it! Colin Firth has been confirmed to play 'Harry', Christine Baranski will play 'Tanya' and Stellan Skarsgard as 'Bill' in the MAMMA MIA! movie with Julie Walters as 'Rosie', Amanda Seyfried in the role of 'Sophie' and Dominic Cooper will play 'Sky'. The film also starring Meryl Streep ('Donna') and Pierce Brosnan ('Sam'), directed by Phyllida Lloyd, started production summer 2007.

--Eddie

The film looks corny as hell..I cant wait! :biggrin:

Mamma Mia!
Comes To Cinema
In June Ahhh! :d

Hyde Wrote:Mamma Mia!
Comes To Cinema
And it's got Meryl Streep in it!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I hate ABBA, but I'm still gunna go see the movie! MERYL STREEP! Icon16

Hyde Wrote:Mamma Mia!
Comes To Cinema

lol... i see what you did there!!

Wilem Wrote:And it's got Meryl Streep in it!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I hate ABBA, but I'm still gunna go see the movie! MERYL STREEP! Icon16

:eek: :eek:

*Strokes my ABBA Gold CD so it doesn't get hurt feelings!! Roflmao

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:*Strokes my ABBA Gold CD so it doesn't get hurt feelings!! Roflmao

#Backs away slowly. Doesn't make eye contact.#

I saw the show in Toronto some 7 years ago. Loved every minute of it. Skillful crafting of the ABBA songs into a plot which, after all, was no more stupid than most of the musicals are. I have seen many. One I particularly liked in London was The Little Shop of Horrors. It was very good. I'd seen the film previously, I think, and honestly the actors/singers onstage had nothing to blush about. It was a great laugh and giggle. I also saw Yul Brynner onstage in London in the King and I... OOOOhhh that takes us back a few years!!! Wink

For strict Meryl Streep I suppose you've also seen The Devil Wears Prada... she's delectfully deliciously devillish... Devil