Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I killed my dog.
At 2pm today I took my dog to the vets to be “put to sleep”. It was awful. Nobody else could take her so I thought that I might as well be the responsible one. She was physically deteriorating after all and its best that she goes out on a sort of high as opposed to developing some sort of terrible infection where she’d be struggling to breathe or the like.

I made her bed all comfy last night and fed her fish – that was quite sad.

When I put her lead on this afternoon her little tail was wagging and she was super happy – If only she knew.

In the vets she was struggling so hard to get away I had to kind of hug her really close. He had to put a little strap around her mouth. She was growling, with her heckles up, when the vet inserted the little needle. She growled more and struggled like crazy – it was hard to keep hold of her.

All of a sudden she crumpled down in a little heap. Dead. I cried.

Then I paid £20 and left the little shed with a collar and lead. No dog.

that's sad. im sorry, and im sure your dog is happy now. she's up in heaven and god's taking good care of her!

Thats so sad. I'm really sorry for you Sad

wow, that's terrible Cry . i'm sorry

Oh man really sorry hear you had this.Cry Its difficult to say goodbye. It is good though you were the brave one to take the responsibility to make things easier for your dog giving her an easy way to go.

TBH I would never own a dog asit would be so distressin, jst readin it makes me feel so sad and am rlly sorry that, thats how she had to go its terrible, I hope u realise she is at peace now n u did ther best thing for her. N it was really nice that u made her bed all comfy and fed her fish.

sorry to hear that man... when I had my dog PTS at 16, I was heartbroken!! I'd grown up with him since I was like 2... my first memory was getting him... so I know how you're feeling.

Thanks fellow gayspeakers ... I just had to share because I gave a sweeter version of events to my parents and siblings.

I've walked past her bed and bowl a few times and that still hurts a little BUT..I will feel much better in a few days.

I'm actually allergic to dogs.. had itchy eyes for over a decade - every cloud....etc etc.