Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majority of Gay Couples Don't Like Anal Sex?
I was listening to Loveline with Psycho Mike and Dr. Drew and they were discussing anal sex and gays. Dr. Drew said, "In majority of gay relationships partners only perform oral sex and don't partake in anal sex at all." My question is if this is true, why is that? Every guy I know is versatile and it's not a real problem either way, so is he right? If so why?

Hello there,
I personally think his talking from his own experiences.. Alot of gay couples may not wish to tell reasearchers that they take it up the arse because it isnt their business... What I imagen happens then is they collect the evidence and facts and state something out of ordinary... I know alot of people in my hometown and alot are versatile if not enjoy it being shoved up the garden path.. l wouldnt take much notice of what he said on the program... Most of what anyone states on a program turns out to be crap anyhow..

Kindest regards

zeon

I guess I am in the minority then...all anal...no oral.

I think the statistic is likely wrong, but I also think there are a number of guys that do indeed prefer oral, etc. They may still do anal but not as often, and a few perhaps not at all. If anyone is reading this wondering if they're normal or not for liking or not liking something, don't worry, there are others like you :biggrin:

I agree wioth you bower... I think everyone in life should try at least everything once then your know whether its for you or not... Mind you there is limits as you dont want to be classed as an "animal" I dop beleive still that the fella who expressed his views did it in his own experiences but didnt want to state he likes it up the arse really... Besides if its the right size it can be enjoyable once its in lol

Ugh, I think there are issues with how much importance is placed on anal sex in the gay community, to the point that people's attitudes to it define relationship compatibility. I'm just kind of tired of hearing about it all the time.

That being said, I'd be surprised if most gay people are not having anal sex sometimes at least. But sex statistics have that tendency to surprise you, because it's so easy for us to develop wrong ideas about human behavior. If we're so sure people lie to statisticians, why are we sure they don't lie to us? Nonetheless, I'm not sure where that guy got his stats from, so it's hard to judge the validity.

The thing about gay "statistics" that I have been amused by for years and I ask this question all the time of my friends in this situation...

I have had a successful gay relationship for what will be 25 years soon...little to no drama...we are great friends...ect ect....I dont' think I have ever complained about him or said a bad word about him to anyone else the entire time

...and I know at least 30 other couples (probably more)...most have been together longer...same thing....good friends...they like each other...no drama...so I wonder where they always get their "statistics" from on gay relationships and longevity because no one has asked me or any of these couples I know about it and I asked them all personally because it interests me...
no surveys...no inquiries...so where do they find the people who answer these questions? You'd think in gay 'ole San Francisco at least ONE of us would have been asked by now...eh?:biggrin:

I wonder if the "Family Values" crowd puts out these surveys to make sure people who want to find love and are gay think it is hopeless....or that we are all at each other's throats and vindictive and bitter?

East Wrote:The thing about gay "statistics" that I have been amused by for years and I ask this question all the time of my friends in this situation...

I have had a successful gay relationship for what will be 25 years soon...little to no drama...we are great friends...ect ect....I dont' think I have ever complained about him or said a bad word about him to anyone else the entire time

...and I know at least 30 other couples (probably more)...most have been together longer...same thing....good friends...they like each other...no drama...so I wonder where they always get their "statistics" from on gay relationships and longevity because no one has asked me or any of these couples I know about it and I asked them all personally because it interests me...
no surveys...no inquiries...so where do they find the people who answer these questions? You'd think in gay 'ole San Francisco at least ONE of us would have been asked by now...eh?:biggrin:

I wonder if the "Family Values" crowd puts out these surveys to make sure people who want to find love and are gay think it is hopeless....or that we are all at each other's throats and vindictive and bitter?

I have to agree with where they get their statistics from... I live in the gay capital of europe BRIGHTON - UK The gay population alone is about 50,000 in this city... I dont know of anyone here who has encountered this with people wanting to know the ins and outs of a ducks arse or each others come to that:tongue:

I have actually heard of that before. That the majority of gay men don't partake in anal sex. I dunno. I've never met a gay man who didn't have or wanted to have anal sex. You can't really trust any survey results released concerning gay statistics or even sexuality statistics in general. The majority of people conform to what they think the surveyor wants to hear.

Is this like the Jerry Springer Gay Statistics? Surveys and numbers. Do what feels good to you. I start with oral, and when I am comfortable, then I will be able to do anal. Some ppl go right for the cookies, and go for the big A. Moving way too quick for me. I guess we all want to know if we are gay-normal.