Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand By Me

I just can't get over how awesome this song is.

As some f you probably know, it was included in the 1986 movie "Stand By Me", based on Sthen King's story "The Body".

I highly reccommend the movie and the story, if you haven't seen/read them yet, as they are both magnificent. I won't give away spoilers, I will briefly mention a few of the main concepts in the plot.

So there are those four best friends, Gordie, Teddy, Chris and Vern, who like in Castle Rock, Oregon in the 50s. They are really close. Then they go on a search for the dead body of kid who is missing. And stuff happens, you know..

Did you have friends like that when you were a kid? Ones you played with every day, ones you could tell anything to..you know, friends that knew you very, very well...best friends...And is it true that then you kind of lose those friends? You just drift apart. Is it true? Stephen King has this idea that childhood friends always drift apart in many, manyof his novels, and it pains me...

[Image: StandByMe1.jpg]

Rest In Peace, River Phoenix.

It is a great movie Irina...watched in many times...and the song is classic. The musicians for change/peace in the world...did a great cover of this featuring musicians from all over the world. I listen to it alot....

Brilliant song, and brilliant video, East. Love it.. feel it's so true at the moment, for my partner and me...

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:I just can't get over how awesome this song is.

As some f you probably know, it was included in the 1986 movie "Stand By Me", based on Sthen King's story "The Body".

I highly reccommend the movie and the story, if you haven't seen/read them yet, as they are both magnificent. I won't give away spoilers, I will briefly mention a few of the main concepts in the plot.

So there are those four best friends, Gordie, Teddy, Chris and Vern, who like in Castle Rock, Oregon in the 50s. They are really close. Then they go on a search for the dead body of kid who is missing. And stuff happens, you know..

Did you have friends like that when you were a kid? Ones you played with every day, ones you could tell anything to..you know, friends that knew you very, very well...best friends...And is it true that then you kind of lose those friends? You just drift apart. Is it true? Stephen King has this idea that childhood friends always drift apart in many, manyof his novels, and it pains me...

[Image: StandByMe1.jpg]

Rest In Peace, River Phoenix.

Yes, Irina, it's a bitter sweet movie, but it's also quite beautiful. I remember enjoying it when I saw it, when it came out. Love the song anyway...
Friends can sometimes remain friends for a very very long time. Even when we grow apart for some reason, some friends just never seem to be so far away as we thought.
I was also lucky to hear Ben E. King in concert when I was younger, in my hometown... Boy, seems like ages ago, now. Great concert.

While I enjoy this song, I always get it confused with Lean on Me :p

i have to agree with you xmiro lol i get like that with loadsa of songs

That song and movie always reminds me on summer 1982.... Confusedmile: was a great summer.... we were 9 friends @ that time.... always swimming, wandering, camp fires in the old coal burner cabins in the Harz-Mountains....and one of my that-time friends died years later by brain hemorrhage....
*just thinking back*

I am very sorry to hear that, Fen. No one should have to go through the loss of such a dear friend.

I kind of wish I was able to do stuff like you guys did back then, live so freely and all...

depending my mood then this is prob my fave film ever,,,seen it over 100 plus times - ruff guess cos its prob way over that

XRIMO Wrote:While I enjoy this song, I always get it confused with Lean on Me :p
same here thats what i thought you was talking about

but yes its very sad when you lose your bestest friends i really haD one best best friend and i remenber i was very sad for a while when i never saw him again we shared almost anything plus we were bfs for a while:frown: