Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you KMOW when your not liked when...
the US presidential campaigns have spawned a lot of hatful want to be presidents.

recently Rick Santorum (who never served in the military himself) that was phoned in by a soldier active in iraq. the soldier was booed and Santorum told him how he is going to re instate dont ask not tell. sweet.

Wow, that's awful. I can't believe they booed him.

It amazes me who the Republican party is putting forward as presidential candidates. It amazes me more that some of them are thought capable of winning.

Oh it is so hard to take Rick Santorum seriously after this google-bomb gave his last name a new definition. Just google "rick santorum" and see what pops up Wink

But anyway the soldier got booed? How terrible, he is serving America in Iraq, helping to protect those people back at home, and they boo him? How stupid. so very disrespectful.

I was going to make a post about this very subject! I'm sorry, but....boo? Really? A brave man who's risking his life to defend this country gets booed? What callousness these people must have in their hearts. This to me is why I don't get Republicans, especially gay Republicans. Being a fiscal conservative I get.....just not Republicanism. It's a party that actively hates us, on a national level, anyways (not including the awesome ones that voted in favour of marriage equality in New York recently...thank you to those party members!).

oh by the way so a google search for "Santorum"

he's a frothy mixture...

The mindless baying from that uncritical audience is sickening. Santorum comes across as a sleazy opportunist. Stephen Hill is undoubtedly brave to do what he does and to come out so publicly, but at the risk of being insensitive I don't understand how his part in the illegal invasion of another country helps "defend" his own. What exactly is he defending it from? The UK's compliance in this atrocious adventure is utterly shameful. In any fair world Bush and Bliar would be in the dock having to answer for their actions. Instead Bliar is appointed a "peace envoy" to the Middle East and charges loads of money as an after-dinner speaker.

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/world/2658-d...libya.html

Now look what I've done. Way off topic :mad:

I saw that story earlier today on MSNBC. I couldnt believe that happened. I was pretty pissed off after hearing about that. That poor guy is willing to put his life at risk to protect our country and he gets booed because hes gay. Im a Democrat so ive never really liked the way Republicans run things, but not i really dont like them.

I have to admit I know very little about Yankee politics so I had to google Rick Santorum, it would appear the man is suffering from homophobia, I wonder if the writers of X men ever based their character Senator Robert Kelly on Santorum? After all they both display a certain hatred. Scatter

Almac Wrote:I have to admit I know very little about Yankee politics so I had to google Rick Santorum, it would appear the man is suffering from homophobia, I wonder if the writers of X men ever based their character Senator Robert Kelly on Santorum? After all they both display a certain hatred. Scatter

Probably not....unless the Kelly character is relatively new. Santorum is relatively young and only served one term in the U.S. Senate, from 2000-2006 if I remember correctly. But his flavor of hatred and bigotry is hardly anything new. I thought perhaps we had reached at least some level of acceptance even amongst conservatives (most were, in the polls anyways, for the repeal of DADT), but I guess I was wrong. :/