Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitchen Screwups
OK, had a classic foul up in the kitchen last night. Was making chicken soup, I know, simple easy, hard to screw up right? Well I thought it would be nice to have my soup with rice instead of noodles because I like rice. Well I made my stock, pulled out the chicken stripped it off the bones and added my extra veggies, and then i added the rice. Unfortunately I made the usual screw up you make with rice, I used too much, and it absorbed all the stock, so now I have chicken soup casserole lol. Still tastes good, but didn't quite work out the way I planned it. Anyone else want to share their mishaps in the kitchen?

I once made rubarb crumble.
Was all going well till I got to the crumble, and i must've accidentally read the flour as ounces, and the margerine as pounds on the recipe (or sumink), and it was just sludge.
Confusedmile:
It really didnt turn out well.
Confusedmile:

I've had many a mishap... undercooked stuff, overcooked stuff, mixing wrong amounts of ingredients.

accidentally used dishwasher soap instead of flower when making chocolate chip cookies. I wondered why they tasted off... and made me sick...

I was making a nice pasta dinner for my boyfriend and myself... I can't remember the exact recipe but it had shalots, mushrooms, and required a white wine to be reduced. Well I accidnetally poured tooooo much wine and did not let it reduce enough.... so the alcohol didn't burn off and it didn't taste very good.

I set many a tea towel on fire... Rolleyes

But hey what can I say.. im a crap cook and the deep fat fryer is my limit...and my nemesis.. sick of replacing those damn towels still

I used to burn everything and forget the oven on. Let's say now i have improved a little i sometimes overcook things. Yesterday i baked a chocolate cake... now its a brownie! And my sauce for the spaghetti carbonara took too long to be the way it has to be. I burned the sauce pan!

Sui Wrote:accidentally used dishwasher soap instead of flower when making chocolate chip cookies. I wondered why they tasted off... and made me sick...

That is classic I can't imagine what that tasted like

Since I'm very much still learning, I'll let you know when I make my first MASSIVE screw-up Confusedmile: ... I'm sure it won't be long !! Lol2.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Im actually a really good cook.. And not really had any accidents?

I learnt from my mum Rolleyes
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]