Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A revolution in your kitchen: THERMOMIX!
I just bought a THERMOMIX for my new flat and I'm really excited about it.

THERMOMIX is a wonderful machine that can replace over 10 different appliances. It is extremely easy to use and you can prepare all types of food with it.

Here's a brief introduction to this fascinating German invention (if you happen to know any great recipes, please post them here):

See how easy it is to make a Thermomix sorbet:

GS has commercials now???

Lol it would just end up on our shlef of crap we don't use along with the popcorn popper, dicer, salad mixer and juicer.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Whatever it is, I'm sure any Chinese mother could do the same job with chopsticks a cleaver and a wok. xP

Have you even tried it? This will save you money and time and can turn any amateur into a professional chef.

If you're interested in cooking, you should definitely check this out. Do some YouTube search or something, you won't regret it.

I have to say, however, that my first THERMOMIX meal was far from brilliant. This afternoon I prepared a salad and the final result was a bit disappointing: the fish was ok but chewy and some of the ingredientes felt a bit raw.

Practice makes perfect, though. I believe it's just a matter of time and I still have great faith in this machine. Yes, it's expensive (I paid 966 euros!) but in the long term it's a good investment.

My husband loves cooking and would love to have this. And I also know that the first time he makes something with this contraption and it doesn't turn out good,,,,,, he will place it with all the other kitchen gadgets that he never uses.

A couple years back,,, I bought him a KitchenAid with ALL the attachments. He had fun with it for about a month and then lost interest. He still uses the mixer part, but those attachments are now buried in the Kitchen Appliance Boneyard.

This THERMOMIX sounds great,,,, and I hope you enjoy it for many years MisterLove.
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:This THERMOMIX sounds great,,,, and I hope you enjoy it for many years MisterLove.

Thanks, I'm sure I will. Smile

Here's a very positive review of Thermomix (I've never met anyone that didn't like it):

http://britishfood.about.com/od/kitcheng...rmomix.htm

[quote=MisterLove]

(I've never met anyone that didn't like it):

You haven't met my cranky old husband. If something doesn't work the way he thinks it's supposed to,,,, he gets angry and threatens to kick it till it's dead. He threatens to kick my computer about once a week (smile).. My man has problems with anything electronic (Big Grin).....
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:My husband loves cooking and would love to have this. And I also know that the first time he makes something with this contraption and it doesn't turn out good,,,,,, he will place it with all the other kitchen gadgets that he never uses.

A couple years back,,, I bought him a KitchenAid with ALL the attachments. He had fun with it for about a month and then lost interest. He still uses the mixer part, but those attachments are now buried in the Kitchen Appliance Boneyard.

This THERMOMIX sounds great,,,, and I hope you enjoy it for many years MisterLove.

Oh wow........I would love to have a Kitchen Aid mixer with all the attachments!!!

But if you are'nt using yours, you might try and sell them on ebay. Hell, if you have a lot of stuff hubby isnt using anymore, and its still in good shape, you might try selling on ebay.

Especially this time of year, people buy more attachments for their gizmos and mixers than during the rest of the year.

And Im kind of like your hubby also....except Im that way with baking pans. If I buy a "non stick" pan, I expect what I bake in it to come right out. If it doesnt, the pan is worthless to me, so I sell it on ebay. I sold two of those last year on ebay. I got a deal from the store I got them at, "buy one, get one free". They were labeled "non stick" but when I baked in them, I had to dig the stuff out with a plastic knife, because it wouldnt come out of the pans!!

Anyway, if you dont want that stuff piling up, try and sell it on ebay, or at a consignment store!!