Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 incredible innovations that changed the world
Just in the year 2015

http://mashable.com/2015/12/20/social-go...cfSSxX9aqU
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Those are some awesome inventions. Id only heard of 4 of them. Its especially cool to see that some of those were developed by young people, especially the 15 year old.

I had heard about the beehive.

But just the other day I heard about Be My Eyes [#26} on the radio. It makes me wish I could afford a smart phone. It is so simple. They gave the example of a blind person who wanted to cook dinner but could not read the labels on the food containers. She picked up her phone, dialed a sighted person, transmitted pics of the containers and was told what they were. Then she lined them up and made dinner for her family. Simple phone pics Being transmitted in this case to another country, though it could be right next door and helping a person who is blind to be more independent. If you have a smartphone, consider volunteering. I think it is amazing! http://www.bemyeyes.org/ is a free app.
I bid NO Trump!

Apologies, the headline should have been "improved the world" not "changed". I did try to change it but the headline remained the same.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm glad to see plenty of these innovations adressing water supply. Those will quickly become necessary in the future.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]