Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on coming out...of my shell
Try to make friends with them first? I mean if you don't find
a girlfriend at least you would've made a friend.

As for the 'being that awkward guy standing the corner', try
going with a small group of friends. At least even though you'd
be alone in a corner you'd have some company and who knows
maybe you guys would actually have fun.

I haven't been to one, but my friends have. I like Anime, but
not to the point where I'd go to an event dedicated to it, but I
have a lot friends that go to them religiously and from what I've
heard it's fun and people are usually welcoming.

It's really hard to take that first plunge, but instead of picturing
yourself as that awkward person ahead of time, even before
you step out of your house, what if you picture yourself as
being a bit more confident? Like, if you keep telling yourself
you can't do it, then you're never gonna do it..

I hope that made sense..

good luck!

We are all nerdy deep inside, its really what makes people interesting. Having interests in fiction really isn't something that should separate people from society. Because we all have things we like. One thing I am a total dork about and it really makes me feel like a hypocrite is boy Scout stuff. I grew up in that program and it really had a serious impact on me, it breaks my heart the way that stand on homosexuality. But I can't turn it off

I have uniforms and books and belts and shit from all over the world, I want one of those goofy hats they wore. The old smokey bear Stetson.

I am a nerd, I am proud of that, having quirks and interests is what gives people depth don't be ashamed of it. Love that part of you. If you are all into star wars, embrace it. I Don't care for things like that but if I had a boyfriend that wanted to go to the movie theater dressed up like Darth vader I would enjoy sharing in that with him, or cosplay, anime, super hero stuff, part of falling in love is teaching your lover to like what you like, or simply going to things like rodeos or lady ga ga concerts just to be with them.

Dint change who you are, love what you love and find people that share that interest.

I'm an introvert totally, but I'm not antisocial. I get where you're coming from. I value my alone time immensely. I need time to recharge my batteries, and have only several really close friends (not the type of person with 500 different best friends), and at times I do isolate myself, but it's usually for a reason (subconscious or not).

I don't exactly "put myself out there" either because I'm still sort of self conscious and not quite brazen enough, but at the same time, I don't exactly hide under a cloak either. I just try and be friendly to people and that's really all there is to it. I'm not a seeker sort of person, or "hunter"— I'm a bit more submissive, so voraciously hunting for men is not my thing. I go to a university in the city with a pretty considerable gay population (the city in general too), so maybe one day here I'll meet somebody who I can connect with.

One day the planets will be in the proper alignment and you'll catch someone's eye. It's bound to happen. You do have to leave your house from time to time though in order for it to. You can't hide under a blanket and expect the outside world to find you. Just go out and do things that interest you, even if it's as mundane as grocery shopping. I go to record shops a lot and the library and go out for coffee and whatnot. Just do stuff you like to do in public. At least that way you're out in the "marketplace". Haha.

As far as nerddom goes, I'm a complete geek for a lot of things. I have a collection of horror movies that rivals anyone's I know. I get obsessed over antique dolls. Everyone's got their idiosyncrasies and odd interests. I don't care what people think of mine.

For the record, I've never been with anyone either.