Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcohol/Drugs
Sil's thread on the gay scene brought up a question for me. I need good input, so I decided to make a new thread on it.

I have never drunk anything with alcohol in it. Nor have I ever done any drugs. I don't intend to do either at any point of time in the future.

My question is whether or not this is going to limit my options a lot.

I don't see the drugs being a problem, but a lot of people view alcohol as a great way to have fun, and I don't participate in that. A bar or a club wouldn't really be my place. How much is that gonna limit my options?

And as I said before... I don't intend to do either at any point of time in the future.

Why does it have to limit your options? I mean, there are plenty of guys out there that don't do drugs or alchohol either...This only excludes the option of you meeting a horny drunk/stoned guy that is up only for the night.

wow, glad I'm doing something right...

you can still go there without drinking or taking drugs, if you have the right attitude. There are people who will go to clubs sober because of either designated driving, preference, or legitimate reasons. If you want to go and have fun this should be no reason to stop you, there are some people who don't really need alcohol Wink

Suffice to say it may limit your options in the gay world if you want to go CLUBBING specifically, but hell I think you could enjoy it sober. There's also gay events that aren't focused around sex and drinking (I know, wonders never cease!) some of which are advertised in the events links here. It's a "seek and ye shall find" situation. You could start your own gay movie nights, I know a few furry friends like this and will take DVD boxsets and snuggles over a night out anyday Tongue

Good on you I say! Will it limit your options? Cant see why it would. Will it mean friends around you keep trying to tempt you into having alcohol, sure it will but you will learn how to make it clear to them that you dont want to.

I never used to drink, and have never taken drugs. My friends would initially try and get me to drink, but once they found out that I could be fun without it they were fine with it, although part of that could be the fact they always had someone who was able to drive them home at the end of the evening.

Sil Wrote:[COLOR="Red"]wow, glad I'm doing something right...
[/COLOR]

A miracle .... A real miracle .... lights candles and kneels and prays

sorry ... but if you toss me such beautiful sentences.... just kidding :-)

Alcohol .. I think if someone needs Alcohol to have fun or be happy ... there is a problem...same with drugs...

And if you don´t want to go into the gay scene .. gay bars .. whatever... I don´t see a problem .... years ago It was the one and only way to meet gay people ... but now it is more a matter of taste ..

I've managed to reach 55 without ever having knowingly tried either. I've thought about it from time to time, but just haven't got round to alcohol and drugs. Maybe when I'm a grown-up ...

well, u know I have a about 10 straight friends here no GAYS at all.
I usually go to the bar with them on friday night
and what I usually order for my drinking is just lemonade some fuzzy drink

I never drink nor use drug any once in my life Big Grin
cuz I dont want to, and that's it.
Dont ever think that u are weird, u are jus living your own life, my twin ok??

I agree with SlipknotRIZZ, there are still other options open to you. Even if you do go to a gay bar, you don't have to drink alcohol just a soft drink.

As a drinker of the falling down water I can say If, I repeat IF people use their common sense and drink wisely, then it is enjoyable. But sadly many don't, that is when the trouble begins. On drugs never go everywhere near them, pure evil, seen it destroy people and their families.

Its your life, live it and enjoy it.

you can have not alcole drink in a pub.like coke. so it it ok

I am 29 and going to 30 next year and have not done either myself, also I have found plenty of wonderful times out in pubs with friends sining karaoke and drinking soda or juice.

I feel great about not falling into the typical club scene of a gay mans youthful lifestyle, it feels good to swim against the current.