Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alright, I'm snowballin here...
The last month has sucked ass, sorry for the vulgarity but it has.
My dad is giving me the silent treatment ( he does this periodically with no reason at all)
I got in a fight with my sis cuz I only here from her when she wants a babysitter.
I was talkin to a guy on the Internet, things were going great and he ups and disappears two weeks ago.
I dragged up old ghosts to help someone else in need.
I'm in the toilet now and I'm trying like hell to get out.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
To add, I'm drinking again. It's a lousy coping mechanism I know, but all the others don't help. I wouldn't be asking for help if I didn't need it

Seems the year for such things. Talk to trusted friends that will lend some support, find therapist, attend AA meetings. All of it can help you learn some better coping skills.

Don't try to tackle it all at once or for too long, one thing at a time, one day at a time and, you don't have to do it alone.

Sorry to hear that Brituc1. My own life has had it's fair share of dips and if time has taught me anything it is that the tough times don't last. Try not get to discourage. All the struggles that I have faced have made me into a more resilient person and I am a better person for having gone through them. You can do this. Keep your chin up and keep on going.

Blue: I've done all that before. Therapy, AA, it's pointless. Therapy only gave me drugs that did nothing or made me feel worse. In AA, I was the only person there not court ordered, so no one was motivated.
Marv: that's what scares me. I'm turning too resilient. I'm almost cold. I can barely tell my own 4 year old nephew I love him. It feels weird and foreign. How on Earth can I be emotional to others.

No, no not a psychiatrist, a therapist or psychologist that can't prescribe meds and has to actually help you learn to cope in healthy ways.

AA only works if you want it to work and will actually use the coping skills they offer.

Blue Wrote:AA only works if you want it to work and will actually use the coping skills they offer.

This is only true if you want to continue drinking. People that have no desire to drink are considered heretics by AA.

brituc, if you want to stop drinking, it really is up to you. If you drink regularly, don't stop all at once, but slow down.

Doll, I've done it all. You're suggestioning cognitive behavioral therapy. I tried it and its great for making everyone else in my life happy. But for me, nothing changed. I don't believe in fate or destiny, but I often wonder if some of us are beyond repair. Maybe we are here to keep others from making the same mistakes as us.

brituc1 Wrote:Doll, I've done it all. You're suggestioning cognitive behavioral therapy. I tried it and its great for making everyone else in my life happy. But for me, nothing changed. I don't believe in fate or destiny, but I often wonder if some of us are beyond repair. Maybe we are here to keep others from making the same mistakes as us.

Maybe, but is that so bad? Why can't you move forward or change something else for the better?

brituc1, I don't believe in fate or destiny either, and there is NO WAY you are beyond repair! I have been to hell and back several times over the last couple years. Here is one tool that has worked for me: DWELLS

D = diet
W = water
E = exercise
L = light
L = laughter
S = sleep

I run 2-3 times/week, and I dislike running. I eat less in general, with more fresh fruits and vegies. I drink more water than booze. When the sun shines, get out in for at least 15 minutes. Laugh with friends when you can, at stupid youtube videos when you can't. Commit to 8 hours+ of sleep each night.

Do I consistently meet these goals? No. This month I have taken to putting color coded star stickers on a calendar as a reward for each day I meet my goals. Juvenile maybe, but it helps me. You already know that we are here for you, and it doesn't hurt to hear it again.

It's tough dragging up the past, but i wanna help others. Sadly, I'm left drained in the process, combined with current problems, i cant help but feel devastated.