Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I running away?
o your poor dog - yes, get off your parents couch, get out of their life and go somewhere you can glut yourself on sushi and eye candy but PLEASE don't take any more living things into your life because you clearly have more feelings for your phase of the month and self than anything else. Don't keep making women, jesus or poor loyal animals think you love them to meet your needs and then dumping them cold to serve yourself again. Make this the LAST heart you hurt and no wonder you're dad's tired of it. I'm sorry but can you look back and see what a hurtful selfish thing you've been? This is the thing to do as long as you don't go vampiring other hearts and lives to go through like paper towels. Your "other" awareness is not good.

Walt, I only came to terms with being homosexual a year ago, and yes, maybe I was using whatever happened across my path to fill my needs. Maybe it would have been better if I had kept my distance (i actually tried with my ex-wife before she convinced me to marry her).

I don't see anything wrong with what you've said, but your apparent anger is useless.

I'm not angry - allow me and of course best to ya man!

If this is admitting defeat then i must be admitting defeat by wanting to move out of the town i live in.

No

Its not running away and its not admitting defeat, what you are considering and doing is self preservation. You see a opportunity and your going for it, every human today normally does that, its how we gain new experiences, and search for the life that we want for ourselves. Adventure i like to call it. not defeat. Your sexuality is only a small portion to the opportunity thats landed in your lap, you have a chance to get away, start a new, and so forth, grab it by both hands and strap in, because though you might slip a few times, there might be hard times ahead, but the experience will be completely priceless!

Walt, you don't sound a thing like my father, to begin with. Second, you seem to assume that everything I've posted has been directly connected. Yes, they have me in common, no, they are not directly affecting each other. I don't have to describe the situation to a point where you will stop coming to these conclusions, but there is a bigger picture I haven't even touched on, and your "detective work" is only showing how judgmental you can be. No one's life is as simple as "here is everything going on in my life". Oh, and "wasted my best gay years"? What the fuck does that even mean?
And I know why my dad is a dick, much better than I could ever explain here, but he never gave a reason for wanting me out.
Last: I love my dog. She jumps on me and kicks me in the balls, she loves me so much. I could preach on about what I love about her, and fun times, and sad times, and her puppies, but it won't change anything, now will it? Smile
Moderators can close this thread, I think this is the last time I'll need to post personal details.

Walt, Im not sure where your posts are coming from and I don't know if you know the OP personally, but the OP posted in the Help and Advice section and I have to say Im somewhat surprised by the venomous tone of your posts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and peoples posts are not moderated, but personal attacks on individuals just seems out of place here, especially when the OP was asking for advice.

Maybe you two have some history, if so then the public forum isn't the place to take this out.

To everyone else reading this, don't let a few negative posts put you off asking for advice. Sometimes this is the only place you can ask!

ObW

This isn't a personal attack, ObW, but it is inaccurate on several points, which I am finding frustrating.

I agree with obw, i dont really wanna get involved but after reading a few posts the comments are not advice but personal opinions and they are not helpful. : /

In Walt's defense, I understand the point he's making, and I plan to do exactly what he's suggesting, in spite of the presentation of his opinion.

If it makes you feel better, Walt, I plan on owning nothing more complicated than a miniature cactus for the next year or so.

well thats what count then i apologise if i misread it, or didnt understand what the intended advise was &^.^