Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America, sometimes I despair of thee.
dfiant1 Wrote:There is a third choice...this is the real kicker about FREEDOM...you can change things...that's what we do in Australia.

Love it or leave it is not a legally binding demand, it is a nonbinding request.

And by the way, Australia is behind the curve on gay rights. 17 states in the USA have legalized gay marriage. None of Australia has. That doesn't sound like freedom to me.

Arkansota Wrote:Thank you for your service.

But that doesn't mean that you're helping America back home. Your dislike of your own country is dangerous.

Dislike for the country? Nah. More like dislike for the bullshit involved in the people here. I don't like to associate myself with them (you). The great thing is that I can vote. Isn't voting great? FREEDOM!!!

dfiant1 Wrote:If I wanted and expert answer to any question from you sir, I would just fart so you can talk more shit Wink

I don't answer aggressively phrased "questions" because they aren't questions, they're actually attacks.

Arkansota Wrote:And obviously Australia is so forward. That's why they have legalized same-sex marriage. Oh wait...

17 States in America have legalized gay marriage, but none of Australia has.

Is that the best arguement you have? I mean is that REALLY the best arguement you have about gun laws and mass shootings? Are you serious?

This just shows how limited you really are, if you can't argue you bring up some irelevant and abstract bullshit into a dicussion and try to change the subject? REALLY?

dfiant1 Wrote:Is that the best arguement you have? I mean is that REALLY the best arguement you have about gun laws and mass shootings? Are you serious?

This just shows how limited you really are, if you can't argue you bring up some irelevant and abstract bullshit into a dicussion and try to change the subject? REALLY?

......Do you realize how easy it is to build a bomb? (we can't ban pressure cookers, can we?) Do you really want school bombings? I understand that it doesn't happen in Australia, but America has a serious problem with terrorism and gang violence.

I don't believe that violence is really preventable... EXCEPT through law enforcement, which we should actually fund adequately.

Arkansota Wrote:Love it or leave it is not a legally binding demand, it is a nonbinding request.

And by the way, Australia is behind the curve on gay rights. 17 states in the USA have legalized gay marriage. None of Australia has. That doesn't sound like freedom to me.

It must be the best arguement you have with your limited intelligence....since the USA has 52? states?, that means 35 still don't embrace SSM...in Australia there are only 6 States that don't embrace SSM....but at least ALL Australians are reserved the right to be in a commited relationship and afforded the same protections of marriage regardless of sexuality.

Just because it's enshrined in the Bill of Rights (which is not the Constitution proper but an addendum to the Constitution by the way) doesn't mean it's unchangeable. It also doesn't always stop the government from violating it either, based on a shitload of our history.

Japanese internment camps during WWII...violation of due process.

Slavery...blatently ignoring the idea that all men are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights for over 500 years.

Men going to prison for non-payment of child support...debtors prison.

Child support itself...indentured servitude.

Detainment of suspected terrorists without trial...no due process.

Denial of the right to marry the person you love...lack of equal protection under law.

The non-taxable housing allowance that clergy are entitled to...violating the neutrality of the state towards religion as well as equal protection clauses.

Selective Service registration for men but not women. Equal protection anyone?

I could very easily give a much larger list. My point is that the Bill of Rights is regularly violated and if you think it's not possible for the government to take away a right because it's enshrined in the Bill of Rights, you're a fucking idiot.

dfiant1 Wrote:It must be the best arguement you have with your limited intelligence....since the USA has 52? states?, that means 35 still don't embrace SSM...in Australia there are only 6 States that don't embrace SSM....but at least ALL Australians are reserved the right to be in a commited relationship and afforded the same protections of marriage regardless of sexuality.

Segregation is not comparable to equality.

nfisher1226 Wrote:Just because it's enshrined in the Bill of Rights (which is not the Constitution proper but an addendum to the Constitution by the way) doesn't mean it's unchangeable. It also doesn't always stop the government from violating it either, based on a shitload of our history.

Japanese internment camps during WWII...violation of due process.

Slavery...blatently ignoring the idea that all men are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights for over 500 years.

Men going to prison for non-payment of child support...debtors prison.

Child support itself...indentured servitude.

Detainment of suspected terrorists without trial...no due process.

Denial of the right to marry the person you love...lack of equal protection under law.

The non-taxable housing allowance that clergy are entitled to...violating the neutrality of the state towards religion as well as equal protection clauses.

Selective Service registration for men but not women. Equal protection anyone?

I could very easily give a much larger list. My point is that the Bill of Rights is regularly violated and if you think it's not possible for the government to take away a right because it's enshrined in the Bill of Rights, you're a fucking idiot.

That's actually a good point.

My point is that we should stop violating the bill of rights entirely and just leave it alone.

Arkansota Wrote:Segregation is not comparable to equality.

and ignorance is not substitute for intelligence Wink