Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-depressants: Opinions, Experiences, ETC.
Also, really make sure your doctor tells you about the side effects of medication, particularly the side effects that come from when you stop taking them. There are some medications that can make life hell, even if you taper down gradually.

Cuddly Wrote:I am really not trying to dispute your personal experiences. But physics and chemistry don't lie. You being wrongly diagnosed or fed the wrong drugs for the wrong reasons is another matter. But serotonine doesn't block receptors. Serotonine is a neurotransmitter, not an inhibitor.
Bashing large pharmaceuticals for being money hungry bastards is fine, but depressions without any medicine involved also end in suicides.
The really hard part about treating depressions is that you cannot simply give them a pill and say "hey, go be happy, now you've got the neurotransmitters available". There's more to curing illnesses of the mind than just medication, but you don't need me to tell you that.
I can't open the first link.
The second link verifies what I wrote in the first post.

But while we bash on one of two options available to treat depressions, let's not forget that medicine statisticly beats therapy by a long shot. There are just more cases where counseling is blamed for suicide than there are cases of SSRIs being blamed.
It's not easy to treat the mind.

The second link says it "hijacks" dopamine receptors Into receiving/sending seretonin. It does not back up what you were saying if u read.

Cuddly Wrote:I am really not trying to dispute your personal experiences. But physics and chemistry don't lie. You being wrongly diagnosed or fed the wrong drugs for the wrong reasons is another matter. But serotonine doesn't block receptors. Serotonine is a neurotransmitter, not an inhibitor.
Bashing large pharmaceuticals for being money hungry bastards is fine, but depressions without any medicine involved also end in suicides.
The really hard part about treating depressions is that you cannot simply give them a pill and say "hey, go be happy, now you've got the neurotransmitters available". There's more to curing illnesses of the mind than just medication, but you don't need me to tell you that.
I can't open the first link.
The second link verifies what I wrote in the first post.

But while we bash on one of two options available to treat depressions, let's not forget that medicine statisticly beats therapy by a long shot. There are just more cases where counseling is blamed for suicide than there are cases of SSRIs being blamed.
It's not easy to treat the mind.

The second link says it "hijacks" dopamine receptors Into receiving/sending seretonin. It does not back up what you were saying if u read.

Anti-depressents are great for people who need them. They can save people from living horrible lives if they're used correctly.